Jul 31, 2012, 6:58 PM EST
The Detroit Red Wings have come to terms with Martin Frk, their second-round pick at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Frk, taken 49th overall, is an interesting player. He burst onto the QMJHL scene as a rookie, scoring 22G-28A-50PTS as a rookie for Halifax, finishing second on the team in points. Yet his sophomore campaign was derailed by a concussion that limited him to just 34 games, dropping his draft stock in the process.
Detroit came in and scooped up the 6-foot, 204-pound winger after he fell deep into the second round.
“It was a tough season with injuries and stuff, so to see him get drafted by Detroit was something good for him,” Halifax coach Dominique Ducharme said. “The fact he’s getting a contract right away shows how much confidence they have in him.”
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 10
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 5
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 39
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)