Jul 30, 2012, 9:45 PM EDT
According to Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic, Coyotes captain Shane Doan did speak with prospective Phoenix owner Greg Jamison this weekend — their conversation just occurred on Saturday, rather than Friday.
There’s no word how the conversation went or if Doan and his agent, Terry Bross, received any information that would lead them closer to re-signing in Phoenix or begin negotiations with another team.
McLellan reports Doan’s “attracted the attention of 16 teams” and that six of them have already made offers for his services.
Things are equally mum out of Jamison’s camp regarding timeline for a purchase deal to be completed.
Here’s more from the Globe and Mail’s David Shoalts regarding Monday’s court hearing about a petition to put a sales-tax increase on the November ballot (Glendale municipal election):
Maricopa County Superior Court judge Robert Oberbillig sided with the city in rejecting a petition from a local business group that sought to put a local sales-tax increase on the ballot for November’s municipal election. The judge ruled the wording on the petition was not accurate and did not meet Glendale’s rules.
The business group can appeal the decision to the Arizona Supreme Court but there was no immediate word on its plans.
The failure of the petition removes a major obstacle to the purchase of the Coyotes from the NHL by former San Jose Sharks president Greg Jamison.
Of course, there’s also that report claiming Jamison is $20 million short of purchasing the Coyotes.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 34
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 16
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 14
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 59
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 94
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead