Jul 30, 2012, 9:45 PM EDT
According to Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic, Coyotes captain Shane Doan did speak with prospective Phoenix owner Greg Jamison this weekend — their conversation just occurred on Saturday, rather than Friday.
There’s no word how the conversation went or if Doan and his agent, Terry Bross, received any information that would lead them closer to re-signing in Phoenix or begin negotiations with another team.
McLellan reports Doan’s “attracted the attention of 16 teams” and that six of them have already made offers for his services.
Things are equally mum out of Jamison’s camp regarding timeline for a purchase deal to be completed.
Here’s more from the Globe and Mail’s David Shoalts regarding Monday’s court hearing about a petition to put a sales-tax increase on the November ballot (Glendale municipal election):
Maricopa County Superior Court judge Robert Oberbillig sided with the city in rejecting a petition from a local business group that sought to put a local sales-tax increase on the ballot for November’s municipal election. The judge ruled the wording on the petition was not accurate and did not meet Glendale’s rules.
The business group can appeal the decision to the Arizona Supreme Court but there was no immediate word on its plans.
The failure of the petition removes a major obstacle to the purchase of the Coyotes from the NHL by former San Jose Sharks president Greg Jamison.
Of course, there’s also that report claiming Jamison is $20 million short of purchasing the Coyotes.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)