Jul 30, 2012, 9:45 PM EDT
According to Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic, Coyotes captain Shane Doan did speak with prospective Phoenix owner Greg Jamison this weekend — their conversation just occurred on Saturday, rather than Friday.
There’s no word how the conversation went or if Doan and his agent, Terry Bross, received any information that would lead them closer to re-signing in Phoenix or begin negotiations with another team.
McLellan reports Doan’s “attracted the attention of 16 teams” and that six of them have already made offers for his services.
Things are equally mum out of Jamison’s camp regarding timeline for a purchase deal to be completed.
Here’s more from the Globe and Mail’s David Shoalts regarding Monday’s court hearing about a petition to put a sales-tax increase on the November ballot (Glendale municipal election):
Maricopa County Superior Court judge Robert Oberbillig sided with the city in rejecting a petition from a local business group that sought to put a local sales-tax increase on the ballot for November’s municipal election. The judge ruled the wording on the petition was not accurate and did not meet Glendale’s rules.
The business group can appeal the decision to the Arizona Supreme Court but there was no immediate word on its plans.
The failure of the petition removes a major obstacle to the purchase of the Coyotes from the NHL by former San Jose Sharks president Greg Jamison.
Of course, there’s also that report claiming Jamison is $20 million short of purchasing the Coyotes.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)