Jul 30, 2012, 9:45 PM EDT
According to Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic, Coyotes captain Shane Doan did speak with prospective Phoenix owner Greg Jamison this weekend — their conversation just occurred on Saturday, rather than Friday.
There’s no word how the conversation went or if Doan and his agent, Terry Bross, received any information that would lead them closer to re-signing in Phoenix or begin negotiations with another team.
McLellan reports Doan’s “attracted the attention of 16 teams” and that six of them have already made offers for his services.
Things are equally mum out of Jamison’s camp regarding timeline for a purchase deal to be completed.
Here’s more from the Globe and Mail’s David Shoalts regarding Monday’s court hearing about a petition to put a sales-tax increase on the November ballot (Glendale municipal election):
Maricopa County Superior Court judge Robert Oberbillig sided with the city in rejecting a petition from a local business group that sought to put a local sales-tax increase on the ballot for November’s municipal election. The judge ruled the wording on the petition was not accurate and did not meet Glendale’s rules.
The business group can appeal the decision to the Arizona Supreme Court but there was no immediate word on its plans.
The failure of the petition removes a major obstacle to the purchase of the Coyotes from the NHL by former San Jose Sharks president Greg Jamison.
Of course, there’s also that report claiming Jamison is $20 million short of purchasing the Coyotes.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)