Jul 30, 2012, 9:45 PM EDT
According to Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic, Coyotes captain Shane Doan did speak with prospective Phoenix owner Greg Jamison this weekend — their conversation just occurred on Saturday, rather than Friday.
There’s no word how the conversation went or if Doan and his agent, Terry Bross, received any information that would lead them closer to re-signing in Phoenix or begin negotiations with another team.
McLellan reports Doan’s “attracted the attention of 16 teams” and that six of them have already made offers for his services.
Things are equally mum out of Jamison’s camp regarding timeline for a purchase deal to be completed.
Here’s more from the Globe and Mail’s David Shoalts regarding Monday’s court hearing about a petition to put a sales-tax increase on the November ballot (Glendale municipal election):
Maricopa County Superior Court judge Robert Oberbillig sided with the city in rejecting a petition from a local business group that sought to put a local sales-tax increase on the ballot for November’s municipal election. The judge ruled the wording on the petition was not accurate and did not meet Glendale’s rules.
The business group can appeal the decision to the Arizona Supreme Court but there was no immediate word on its plans.
The failure of the petition removes a major obstacle to the purchase of the Coyotes from the NHL by former San Jose Sharks president Greg Jamison.
Of course, there’s also that report claiming Jamison is $20 million short of purchasing the Coyotes.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)