Jul 30, 2012, 6:50 PM EST
The sharp-as-a-tack folks at Radar Online have picked up a report from Swedish news outlet Expressen that claims San Jose Sharks defenseman Douglas Murray is romantically involved with the former wife of Tiger Woods — Elin Nordegren.
More, from Radar Online:
Elin and Doug were spotted together last week at Rose Nightclub in Stockholm where eyewitnesses said they were hugging and being affectionate with each other.
Before Doug, Elin’s first relationship since her very public split from Tiger Woods was with Jamie Dingman last fall but the couple broke up earlier this year. [see here]
The site also reports that Elin and Doug had dinner at the beginning of July with Swedish pro golfer Jesper Parnevik — who is also said to have played matchmaker for Elin and Tiger.
“We are only friends,” Doug told the Swedish paper when asked about his relationship with Elin. “We are not dating and we have never dated. We have friends in common and we have only known each other for a couple of weeks.”
The 32-year-old Murray has spent his entire seven-year career in San Jose, appearing in over 400 games for the Sharks. He was born in Sweden but attended prep school in New York before playing four season at Cornell University.
Of Note: At Cornell, Murray and some buddies developed a patent for Uber Dispensing System, a hands-free three-sprout keg tap that reportedly extracts beer from a keg five times faster than normal taps.
So yeah, Douglas Murray is pretty awesome.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)