Jul 30, 2012, 6:50 PM EST
The sharp-as-a-tack folks at Radar Online have picked up a report from Swedish news outlet Expressen that claims San Jose Sharks defenseman Douglas Murray is romantically involved with the former wife of Tiger Woods — Elin Nordegren.
More, from Radar Online:
Elin and Doug were spotted together last week at Rose Nightclub in Stockholm where eyewitnesses said they were hugging and being affectionate with each other.
Before Doug, Elin’s first relationship since her very public split from Tiger Woods was with Jamie Dingman last fall but the couple broke up earlier this year. [see here]
The site also reports that Elin and Doug had dinner at the beginning of July with Swedish pro golfer Jesper Parnevik — who is also said to have played matchmaker for Elin and Tiger.
“We are only friends,” Doug told the Swedish paper when asked about his relationship with Elin. “We are not dating and we have never dated. We have friends in common and we have only known each other for a couple of weeks.”
The 32-year-old Murray has spent his entire seven-year career in San Jose, appearing in over 400 games for the Sharks. He was born in Sweden but attended prep school in New York before playing four season at Cornell University.
Of Note: At Cornell, Murray and some buddies developed a patent for Uber Dispensing System, a hands-free three-sprout keg tap that reportedly extracts beer from a keg five times faster than normal taps.
So yeah, Douglas Murray is pretty awesome.
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 6
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 6
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 2
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 10
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)