Jul 30, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
The sharp-as-a-tack folks at Radar Online have picked up a report from Swedish news outlet Expressen that claims San Jose Sharks defenseman Douglas Murray is romantically involved with the former wife of Tiger Woods — Elin Nordegren.
More, from Radar Online:
Elin and Doug were spotted together last week at Rose Nightclub in Stockholm where eyewitnesses said they were hugging and being affectionate with each other.
Before Doug, Elin’s first relationship since her very public split from Tiger Woods was with Jamie Dingman last fall but the couple broke up earlier this year. [see here]
The site also reports that Elin and Doug had dinner at the beginning of July with Swedish pro golfer Jesper Parnevik — who is also said to have played matchmaker for Elin and Tiger.
“We are only friends,” Doug told the Swedish paper when asked about his relationship with Elin. “We are not dating and we have never dated. We have friends in common and we have only known each other for a couple of weeks.”
The 32-year-old Murray has spent his entire seven-year career in San Jose, appearing in over 400 games for the Sharks. He was born in Sweden but attended prep school in New York before playing four season at Cornell University.
Of Note: At Cornell, Murray and some buddies developed a patent for Uber Dispensing System, a hands-free three-sprout keg tap that reportedly extracts beer from a keg five times faster than normal taps.
So yeah, Douglas Murray is pretty awesome.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)