Jul 30, 2012, 6:50 PM EDT
The sharp-as-a-tack folks at Radar Online have picked up a report from Swedish news outlet Expressen that claims San Jose Sharks defenseman Douglas Murray is romantically involved with the former wife of Tiger Woods — Elin Nordegren.
More, from Radar Online:
Elin and Doug were spotted together last week at Rose Nightclub in Stockholm where eyewitnesses said they were hugging and being affectionate with each other.
Before Doug, Elin’s first relationship since her very public split from Tiger Woods was with Jamie Dingman last fall but the couple broke up earlier this year. [see here]
The site also reports that Elin and Doug had dinner at the beginning of July with Swedish pro golfer Jesper Parnevik — who is also said to have played matchmaker for Elin and Tiger.
“We are only friends,” Doug told the Swedish paper when asked about his relationship with Elin. “We are not dating and we have never dated. We have friends in common and we have only known each other for a couple of weeks.”
The 32-year-old Murray has spent his entire seven-year career in San Jose, appearing in over 400 games for the Sharks. He was born in Sweden but attended prep school in New York before playing four season at Cornell University.
Of Note: At Cornell, Murray and some buddies developed a patent for Uber Dispensing System, a hands-free three-sprout keg tap that reportedly extracts beer from a keg five times faster than normal taps.
So yeah, Douglas Murray is pretty awesome.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)