Jul 30, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have signed right wing Guillaume Desbiens, bringing back the tough 27-year-old to the organization after a short stint with the Flames.
No terms were disclosed, but we’ll go ahead and assume it’s a two-way deal.
In 2011-12, Desbiens registered 14 points (3-11-14) and 114 penalty minutes in 59 games with the Abbotsford Heat of the AHL and 25 penalty minutes in 10 games with the Flames.
Desbiens isn’t the most terrifying of tough guys, but his lengthy fight card suggests he’s game to drop the gloves when called upon.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)