Jul 30, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have signed right wing Guillaume Desbiens, bringing back the tough 27-year-old to the organization after a short stint with the Flames.
No terms were disclosed, but we’ll go ahead and assume it’s a two-way deal.
In 2011-12, Desbiens registered 14 points (3-11-14) and 114 penalty minutes in 59 games with the Abbotsford Heat of the AHL and 25 penalty minutes in 10 games with the Flames.
Desbiens isn’t the most terrifying of tough guys, but his lengthy fight card suggests he’s game to drop the gloves when called upon.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)