Jul 30, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have signed right wing Guillaume Desbiens, bringing back the tough 27-year-old to the organization after a short stint with the Flames.
No terms were disclosed, but we’ll go ahead and assume it’s a two-way deal.
In 2011-12, Desbiens registered 14 points (3-11-14) and 114 penalty minutes in 59 games with the Abbotsford Heat of the AHL and 25 penalty minutes in 10 games with the Flames.
Desbiens isn’t the most terrifying of tough guys, but his lengthy fight card suggests he’s game to drop the gloves when called upon.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 14
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 30
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 42
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)