Jul 30, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have signed right wing Guillaume Desbiens, bringing back the tough 27-year-old to the organization after a short stint with the Flames.
No terms were disclosed, but we’ll go ahead and assume it’s a two-way deal.
In 2011-12, Desbiens registered 14 points (3-11-14) and 114 penalty minutes in 59 games with the Abbotsford Heat of the AHL and 25 penalty minutes in 10 games with the Flames.
Desbiens isn’t the most terrifying of tough guys, but his lengthy fight card suggests he’s game to drop the gloves when called upon.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22