Jul 30, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks have signed right wing Guillaume Desbiens, bringing back the tough 27-year-old to the organization after a short stint with the Flames.
No terms were disclosed, but we’ll go ahead and assume it’s a two-way deal.
In 2011-12, Desbiens registered 14 points (3-11-14) and 114 penalty minutes in 59 games with the Abbotsford Heat of the AHL and 25 penalty minutes in 10 games with the Flames.
Desbiens isn’t the most terrifying of tough guys, but his lengthy fight card suggests he’s game to drop the gloves when called upon.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5