Jul 29, 2012, 8:25 PM EDT
For considerable stretches of last season, Ottawa would win despite its should-be No. 1 guy. Anderson’s up-and-down season included some genuine valleys, most notably his chicken-prepping injury.
That amusing gaffe doesn’t change the fact that his season ended with promise, though.
In a seven-game series against the New York Rangers, Anderson went toe-to-toe with Henrik Lundqvist, sporting a fantastic .933 save percentage before falling just short of a big upset.
(Interestingly enough, Anderson posted the same exact save percentage when he gave San Jose a serious scare during his only playoff run with Colorado in 2010.)
Strong but short-lived playoff successes combine with the fantastic numbers he put up as a Florida Panthers backup to explain why Anderson is, to some, quite intriguing.
On the other hand, he bares the rare distinction of being drafted twice (both times in the third round). Aside from that, some will remember him merely as the guy who got caught staring at ice girls twice.
Ottawa won’t “sneak up” on other teams next season, so the Senators hope to see more of the dominant side of Anderson (and less of the clumsy cutting side) in 2012-13.
- Kronwalled: Red Wings D levels Lightning’s Kucherov 5
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 14
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)