Jul 28, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
Mike Sunnucks reports that Jamison’s group is “approximately $20 million short” of the asking price for the Coyotes right now. Sunnucks reports that the deal “is on tenuous ice but could still happen.”
The NHL is currently hoping to get $170 million for the Coyotes after taking over the team for $140 million – not to mention significant losses – since 2009. Here’s more on the subject from Sunnucks.
NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said Saturday there was nothing new to report on the Coyotes sale.
Earlier this week, Daly dismissed speculation the NHL might reduce its asking price or come with some creative measures to get a sale done.
Daly said the league remains confident the sale would get done and the Coyotes would remain in the Phoenix market.
Some of that new potential investment money could come in if the city of Glendale prevails Monday in court hearing regarding a sales tax ballot measure.
Sunnucks also reports that the Coyotes are “almost certain” to play in Glendale next season, even if the ownership situation isn’t sorted out.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 8
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 84
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 75
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 66
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 46
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 171
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (171)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (84)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (77)