Jul 28, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
Mike Sunnucks reports that Jamison’s group is “approximately $20 million short” of the asking price for the Coyotes right now. Sunnucks reports that the deal “is on tenuous ice but could still happen.”
The NHL is currently hoping to get $170 million for the Coyotes after taking over the team for $140 million – not to mention significant losses – since 2009. Here’s more on the subject from Sunnucks.
NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said Saturday there was nothing new to report on the Coyotes sale.
Earlier this week, Daly dismissed speculation the NHL might reduce its asking price or come with some creative measures to get a sale done.
Daly said the league remains confident the sale would get done and the Coyotes would remain in the Phoenix market.
Some of that new potential investment money could come in if the city of Glendale prevails Monday in court hearing regarding a sales tax ballot measure.
Sunnucks also reports that the Coyotes are “almost certain” to play in Glendale next season, even if the ownership situation isn’t sorted out.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)