Jul 28, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Mike Sunnucks reports that Jamison’s group is “approximately $20 million short” of the asking price for the Coyotes right now. Sunnucks reports that the deal “is on tenuous ice but could still happen.”
The NHL is currently hoping to get $170 million for the Coyotes after taking over the team for $140 million – not to mention significant losses – since 2009. Here’s more on the subject from Sunnucks.
NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said Saturday there was nothing new to report on the Coyotes sale.
Earlier this week, Daly dismissed speculation the NHL might reduce its asking price or come with some creative measures to get a sale done.
Daly said the league remains confident the sale would get done and the Coyotes would remain in the Phoenix market.
Some of that new potential investment money could come in if the city of Glendale prevails Monday in court hearing regarding a sales tax ballot measure.
Sunnucks also reports that the Coyotes are “almost certain” to play in Glendale next season, even if the ownership situation isn’t sorted out.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 42
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)