Jul 28, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Mike Sunnucks reports that Jamison’s group is “approximately $20 million short” of the asking price for the Coyotes right now. Sunnucks reports that the deal “is on tenuous ice but could still happen.”
The NHL is currently hoping to get $170 million for the Coyotes after taking over the team for $140 million – not to mention significant losses – since 2009. Here’s more on the subject from Sunnucks.
NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said Saturday there was nothing new to report on the Coyotes sale.
Earlier this week, Daly dismissed speculation the NHL might reduce its asking price or come with some creative measures to get a sale done.
Daly said the league remains confident the sale would get done and the Coyotes would remain in the Phoenix market.
Some of that new potential investment money could come in if the city of Glendale prevails Monday in court hearing regarding a sales tax ballot measure.
Sunnucks also reports that the Coyotes are “almost certain” to play in Glendale next season, even if the ownership situation isn’t sorted out.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 9
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 86
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (86)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)