Jul 28, 2012, 7:00 PM EST
Mike Sunnucks reports that Jamison’s group is “approximately $20 million short” of the asking price for the Coyotes right now. Sunnucks reports that the deal “is on tenuous ice but could still happen.”
The NHL is currently hoping to get $170 million for the Coyotes after taking over the team for $140 million – not to mention significant losses – since 2009. Here’s more on the subject from Sunnucks.
NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly said Saturday there was nothing new to report on the Coyotes sale.
Earlier this week, Daly dismissed speculation the NHL might reduce its asking price or come with some creative measures to get a sale done.
Daly said the league remains confident the sale would get done and the Coyotes would remain in the Phoenix market.
Some of that new potential investment money could come in if the city of Glendale prevails Monday in court hearing regarding a sales tax ballot measure.
Sunnucks also reports that the Coyotes are “almost certain” to play in Glendale next season, even if the ownership situation isn’t sorted out.
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 14
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 23
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 29
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 53
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)