Jul 27, 2012, 1:39 PM EDT
From the Buffalo Sabres official Twitter feed:
It was two weeks ago that Ott, who wore No. 29 in Dallas, said he’d reduce his numerical value by 20.
“Getting asked a lot,” he tweeted. “I’m excited to wear no. ’9′ my minor hockey number and I thought it would be easy for Blo [B-Lo] fans to replace the name bar.”
What a guy. So thoughtful.
(Fun fact: Over the last decade, Ott’s had a tough time getting his hands on No. 9. He couldn’t wear it in junior as it was retired by OHL Winsdor to honor Adam Graves. When he got to Dallas, it was in use by franchise legend Mike Modano and hasn’t been issued since Modano left.)
While a cool initiative, the nameplate swap isn’t entirely original.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming