Jul 27, 2012, 9:01 PM EDT
Rick Nash is a very happy man. If you still have your doubts, his recent interview with WFAN in New York should set them to rest.
“It’s been a real long five months, but stayed patient and it turned out the way I wanted it to,” Nash said, as transcribed by Sports Radio Interviews.
The Rangers were at the top of Nash’s list of teams he wanted to get traded to. Part of the reason for that was the glowing recommendation that Vinny Prospal gave.
“He said it’s a wonderful place to play,” Nash said. “He’s played in a few different places and it was one of his favorites and he said the fans are real passionate. They love their hockey and it’s one of the best in the league to play.”
Prospal spent two seasons with the Rangers before he signed with the Columbus Blue Jackets in the summer of 2011. In exchange for Nash and a conditional third-round pick, the New York Rangers gave up Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov, Tim Erixon and a 2013 first-round rounder. That’s not insignificant, but the Rangers were largely seen as the winners of that deal.
Nash is just happy that the Rangers were able to get him without breaking up their core.
“I didn’t want them to blow up the nucleus of the team and the players that are going to make them good,” Nash said. “That’s the reason why I wanted to come. I’m happy (with) the way it worked out. I thought Columbus got two great players and a prospect. I thought the trade worked out for both organizations.”
We have a feeling that there’s more than a couple Blue Jackets’ fans that would disagree with Nash’s assessment of the trade and the whole saga in general.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)