Jul 27, 2012, 10:27 PM EST
File this one under bizarre.
The Pioneer Press, who are citing a police report, stated that Erik Haula was recently caught peeing in public. Haula was drafted by the Minnesota Wild in 2009 and currently plays for the University of Minnesota
When the an officer found him engaged in that particular activity, Haula appeared to be “extremely intoxicated.” This occurred after 2am on July 22 near a bar in downtown Stillwater.
The police report states that Haula was seen “in plain view of the bar crowd.”
Fortunately, again according to the report, Haula cooperated with the police and agreed that public urination isn’t an activity he should participate in. Haula was ultimately “released to a friend who was somewhat sober” and cited for disorderly conduct.
The University of Minnesota has been informed of the incident. Coach (Don) Lucia “has spoken to Erik and will handle it as an internal team matter,” according to Director of Athletics Communications Garry Bowman.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)