Jul 27, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
File this one under bizarre.
The Pioneer Press, who are citing a police report, stated that Erik Haula was recently caught peeing in public. Haula was drafted by the Minnesota Wild in 2009 and currently plays for the University of Minnesota
When the an officer found him engaged in that particular activity, Haula appeared to be “extremely intoxicated.” This occurred after 2am on July 22 near a bar in downtown Stillwater.
The police report states that Haula was seen “in plain view of the bar crowd.”
Fortunately, again according to the report, Haula cooperated with the police and agreed that public urination isn’t an activity he should participate in. Haula was ultimately “released to a friend who was somewhat sober” and cited for disorderly conduct.
The University of Minnesota has been informed of the incident. Coach (Don) Lucia “has spoken to Erik and will handle it as an internal team matter,” according to Director of Athletics Communications Garry Bowman.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)