Jul 27, 2012, 10:27 PM EST
File this one under bizarre.
The Pioneer Press, who are citing a police report, stated that Erik Haula was recently caught peeing in public. Haula was drafted by the Minnesota Wild in 2009 and currently plays for the University of Minnesota
When the an officer found him engaged in that particular activity, Haula appeared to be “extremely intoxicated.” This occurred after 2am on July 22 near a bar in downtown Stillwater.
The police report states that Haula was seen “in plain view of the bar crowd.”
Fortunately, again according to the report, Haula cooperated with the police and agreed that public urination isn’t an activity he should participate in. Haula was ultimately “released to a friend who was somewhat sober” and cited for disorderly conduct.
The University of Minnesota has been informed of the incident. Coach (Don) Lucia “has spoken to Erik and will handle it as an internal team matter,” according to Director of Athletics Communications Garry Bowman.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 19
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5