Jul 27, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
File this one under bizarre.
The Pioneer Press, who are citing a police report, stated that Erik Haula was recently caught peeing in public. Haula was drafted by the Minnesota Wild in 2009 and currently plays for the University of Minnesota
When the an officer found him engaged in that particular activity, Haula appeared to be “extremely intoxicated.” This occurred after 2am on July 22 near a bar in downtown Stillwater.
The police report states that Haula was seen “in plain view of the bar crowd.”
Fortunately, again according to the report, Haula cooperated with the police and agreed that public urination isn’t an activity he should participate in. Haula was ultimately “released to a friend who was somewhat sober” and cited for disorderly conduct.
The University of Minnesota has been informed of the incident. Coach (Don) Lucia “has spoken to Erik and will handle it as an internal team matter,” according to Director of Athletics Communications Garry Bowman.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 26
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50