Jul 27, 2012, 3:29 PM EST
The Hurricanes’ prized summer acquisition — Jordan Staal — was in Carolina on Friday try on his new jersey and go house hunting in Raleigh.
Staal also spoke with The News & Observer about how excited he is to play alongside his brother, Eric.
“We knew the family thing was a very intriguing part of this whole thing,” Jordan said. “To play against two brothers in the NHL is pretty awesome, but to play alongside your brother, both in the primes of our careers, is very, very exciting.
“As a family, for me and Eric especially, we’re ecstatic to have this come together as it did.”
Jordan also said he and Eric were fired up about Carolina signing former Capitals sniper Alex Semin. ‘Canes head coach Kirk Muller has already suggested putting Semin on a line with the Staals, and the brothers said they talked Thursday about bringing Semin into the fold.
“I know Alexander can really do some damage and play some great hockey,” Jordan said. “For myself, I’m just going to keep doing what I’ve been doing and hopefully keep getting better.”
As for changing uniforms after playing over 500 games in Penguins colors?
“I think I look pretty good in red,” Jordan said.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 0
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 10
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 3
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28