Jul 27, 2012, 3:29 PM EDT
The Hurricanes’ prized summer acquisition — Jordan Staal — was in Carolina on Friday try on his new jersey and go house hunting in Raleigh.
Staal also spoke with The News & Observer about how excited he is to play alongside his brother, Eric.
“We knew the family thing was a very intriguing part of this whole thing,” Jordan said. “To play against two brothers in the NHL is pretty awesome, but to play alongside your brother, both in the primes of our careers, is very, very exciting.
“As a family, for me and Eric especially, we’re ecstatic to have this come together as it did.”
Jordan also said he and Eric were fired up about Carolina signing former Capitals sniper Alex Semin. ‘Canes head coach Kirk Muller has already suggested putting Semin on a line with the Staals, and the brothers said they talked Thursday about bringing Semin into the fold.
“I know Alexander can really do some damage and play some great hockey,” Jordan said. “For myself, I’m just going to keep doing what I’ve been doing and hopefully keep getting better.”
As for changing uniforms after playing over 500 games in Penguins colors?
“I think I look pretty good in red,” Jordan said.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)