Jul 27, 2012, 3:29 PM EST
The Hurricanes’ prized summer acquisition — Jordan Staal — was in Carolina on Friday try on his new jersey and go house hunting in Raleigh.
Staal also spoke with The News & Observer about how excited he is to play alongside his brother, Eric.
“We knew the family thing was a very intriguing part of this whole thing,” Jordan said. “To play against two brothers in the NHL is pretty awesome, but to play alongside your brother, both in the primes of our careers, is very, very exciting.
“As a family, for me and Eric especially, we’re ecstatic to have this come together as it did.”
Jordan also said he and Eric were fired up about Carolina signing former Capitals sniper Alex Semin. ‘Canes head coach Kirk Muller has already suggested putting Semin on a line with the Staals, and the brothers said they talked Thursday about bringing Semin into the fold.
“I know Alexander can really do some damage and play some great hockey,” Jordan said. “For myself, I’m just going to keep doing what I’ve been doing and hopefully keep getting better.”
As for changing uniforms after playing over 500 games in Penguins colors?
“I think I look pretty good in red,” Jordan said.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 4
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54