Jul 27, 2012, 3:29 PM EDT
The Hurricanes’ prized summer acquisition — Jordan Staal — was in Carolina on Friday try on his new jersey and go house hunting in Raleigh.
Staal also spoke with The News & Observer about how excited he is to play alongside his brother, Eric.
“We knew the family thing was a very intriguing part of this whole thing,” Jordan said. “To play against two brothers in the NHL is pretty awesome, but to play alongside your brother, both in the primes of our careers, is very, very exciting.
“As a family, for me and Eric especially, we’re ecstatic to have this come together as it did.”
Jordan also said he and Eric were fired up about Carolina signing former Capitals sniper Alex Semin. ‘Canes head coach Kirk Muller has already suggested putting Semin on a line with the Staals, and the brothers said they talked Thursday about bringing Semin into the fold.
“I know Alexander can really do some damage and play some great hockey,” Jordan said. “For myself, I’m just going to keep doing what I’ve been doing and hopefully keep getting better.”
As for changing uniforms after playing over 500 games in Penguins colors?
“I think I look pretty good in red,” Jordan said.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 1
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 17
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)