Jul 27, 2012, 2:05 PM EST
Enstrom, 28, has spent his entire five-year career with the Jets/Thrashers organization, emerging as one of the league’s better offensive defensemen.
In 2007-08, he parlayed a 5G-33A-38PTS season into a spot on the NHL’s All-Rookie team and in 2010-11, earned his first All-Star team nod by posting 10 goals and 41 assists (he finished t-5th among all defensemen with 51 points.)
Enstrom is the Atlanta/Winnipeg franchise leader amongst defensemen in games played, points and assists.
Enstrom signed the extension with one year left on his four-year, $15 million deal that paid $3.75 million annually. He was set to become a UFA next summer, but it’s clear the Jets wanted no part of him flirting with free agency.
The signing is the latest in what’s been a busy summer in the ‘Peg:
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35