Jul 26, 2012, 5:47 PM EST
It’d been a while since we’ve gotten some real life commentary from self-exiled Bruins goalie Tim Thomas. With the recent gay rights controversy involving fast food chain Chick-fil-A, he felt it was time to hop on Facebook and sound off.
Thomas took to the social media site to say he stands with the fried chicken restaurant and their stand on gay rights, but Thomas put his own spin on things.
Thomas’ support for Chick-fil-A should come as no surprise given his previous political comments on Facebook. At this point getting outraged over his beliefs is like getting in an argument with a wall. You can shout til you’re blue in the face and you’re not going to accomplish anything other than getting yourself upset.
If nothing else, Thomas is really finding ways to build up a laundry list of reasons for him to get traded out of Boston as his thoughts are 180-degrees opposite that of Boston mayor Thomas Menino who recently sent a letter to Chick-fil-A telling them they’re not welcome in his city.
So… When does hockey season start again?
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 11
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 26
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)