Jul 26, 2012, 5:47 PM EST
It’d been a while since we’ve gotten some real life commentary from self-exiled Bruins goalie Tim Thomas. With the recent gay rights controversy involving fast food chain Chick-fil-A, he felt it was time to hop on Facebook and sound off.
Thomas took to the social media site to say he stands with the fried chicken restaurant and their stand on gay rights, but Thomas put his own spin on things.
Thomas’ support for Chick-fil-A should come as no surprise given his previous political comments on Facebook. At this point getting outraged over his beliefs is like getting in an argument with a wall. You can shout til you’re blue in the face and you’re not going to accomplish anything other than getting yourself upset.
If nothing else, Thomas is really finding ways to build up a laundry list of reasons for him to get traded out of Boston as his thoughts are 180-degrees opposite that of Boston mayor Thomas Menino who recently sent a letter to Chick-fil-A telling them they’re not welcome in his city.
So… When does hockey season start again?
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 6
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 48
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 70
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)