Jul 26, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
It’d been a while since we’ve gotten some real life commentary from self-exiled Bruins goalie Tim Thomas. With the recent gay rights controversy involving fast food chain Chick-fil-A, he felt it was time to hop on Facebook and sound off.
Thomas took to the social media site to say he stands with the fried chicken restaurant and their stand on gay rights, but Thomas put his own spin on things.
Thomas’ support for Chick-fil-A should come as no surprise given his previous political comments on Facebook. At this point getting outraged over his beliefs is like getting in an argument with a wall. You can shout til you’re blue in the face and you’re not going to accomplish anything other than getting yourself upset.
If nothing else, Thomas is really finding ways to build up a laundry list of reasons for him to get traded out of Boston as his thoughts are 180-degrees opposite that of Boston mayor Thomas Menino who recently sent a letter to Chick-fil-A telling them they’re not welcome in his city.
So… When does hockey season start again?
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 11
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 30
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)