Jul 26, 2012, 5:47 PM EST
It’d been a while since we’ve gotten some real life commentary from self-exiled Bruins goalie Tim Thomas. With the recent gay rights controversy involving fast food chain Chick-fil-A, he felt it was time to hop on Facebook and sound off.
Thomas took to the social media site to say he stands with the fried chicken restaurant and their stand on gay rights, but Thomas put his own spin on things.
Thomas’ support for Chick-fil-A should come as no surprise given his previous political comments on Facebook. At this point getting outraged over his beliefs is like getting in an argument with a wall. You can shout til you’re blue in the face and you’re not going to accomplish anything other than getting yourself upset.
If nothing else, Thomas is really finding ways to build up a laundry list of reasons for him to get traded out of Boston as his thoughts are 180-degrees opposite that of Boston mayor Thomas Menino who recently sent a letter to Chick-fil-A telling them they’re not welcome in his city.
So… When does hockey season start again?
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 2
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 2
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8