Jul 26, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
It’d been a while since we’ve gotten some real life commentary from self-exiled Bruins goalie Tim Thomas. With the recent gay rights controversy involving fast food chain Chick-fil-A, he felt it was time to hop on Facebook and sound off.
Thomas took to the social media site to say he stands with the fried chicken restaurant and their stand on gay rights, but Thomas put his own spin on things.
Thomas’ support for Chick-fil-A should come as no surprise given his previous political comments on Facebook. At this point getting outraged over his beliefs is like getting in an argument with a wall. You can shout til you’re blue in the face and you’re not going to accomplish anything other than getting yourself upset.
If nothing else, Thomas is really finding ways to build up a laundry list of reasons for him to get traded out of Boston as his thoughts are 180-degrees opposite that of Boston mayor Thomas Menino who recently sent a letter to Chick-fil-A telling them they’re not welcome in his city.
So… When does hockey season start again?
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22