Jul 26, 2012, 8:16 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils avoided arbitration by signing defenseman Mark Fayne to a nice little bargain extension, but it wasn’t clear he’d be ready to start the season.
Fayne is recovering from offseason wrist surgery, but he emphatically told Tom Gulitti that he’ll be ready “before October.”
“Definitely,” Fayne said. “I’ll be 100 percent before October.”
Fayne told Gulitti that he’ll probably be wear a cast on his wrist for another week or two, which has forced him to settle for “limited exercise.”
Fayne also said that it’s healing and “feeling a lot better,” so it appears that he should be ready for when the 2012-13 season would normally start. Training camp might not be a guarantee, though.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5