Jul 26, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From July 16 until Aug. 14, we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Today, we continue with the Chicago Blackhawks.
However you feel about the fervor regarding Patrick Kane‘s off-ice exploits, that might be the story of Chicago’s offseason. That’s because this is largely the same team.
And yes, there was some scuttlebutt of them adding more of a good thing with Zach Parise (and perhaps still Shane Doan?), yet their forward group likely remains the same – which isn’t really a bad thing.
Perhaps their fate merely improved by remaining idle, though.
Does that make the Blackhawks early favorites for the Central Division crown? We’ll explore the team’s biggest questions today at PHT.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6