Jul 26, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From July 16 until Aug. 14, we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Today, we continue with the Chicago Blackhawks.
However you feel about the fervor regarding Patrick Kane‘s off-ice exploits, that might be the story of Chicago’s offseason. That’s because this is largely the same team.
And yes, there was some scuttlebutt of them adding more of a good thing with Zach Parise (and perhaps still Shane Doan?), yet their forward group likely remains the same – which isn’t really a bad thing.
Perhaps their fate merely improved by remaining idle, though.
Does that make the Blackhawks early favorites for the Central Division crown? We’ll explore the team’s biggest questions today at PHT.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5