Jul 26, 2012, 4:02 PM EST
Former Blues coach Davis Payne wasn’t without a job for too long.
Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider reports the Los Angeles Kings are set to name Payne as the team’s new assistant coach. Payne will replace Jamie Kompon who took a job with the Blackhawks.
At 42 years-old, Payne has the experience of being an NHL head coach after leading the Blues for two and a half seasons as well as being a former head coach in the ECHL and AHL. Now he joins the defending Stanley Cup champions alongside Darryl Sutter and will likely work with the team on their power play.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)