Jul 26, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
Former Blues coach Davis Payne wasn’t without a job for too long.
Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider reports the Los Angeles Kings are set to name Payne as the team’s new assistant coach. Payne will replace Jamie Kompon who took a job with the Blackhawks.
At 42 years-old, Payne has the experience of being an NHL head coach after leading the Blues for two and a half seasons as well as being a former head coach in the ECHL and AHL. Now he joins the defending Stanley Cup champions alongside Darryl Sutter and will likely work with the team on their power play.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)