Jul 26, 2012, 11:14 PM EDT
After a surprisingly effective first season, Corey Crawford came crashing back down to Earth in 2011-12 – and the Chicago Blackhawks fell with him.
When it comes to Crawford, the positive and negative stuff is equal; he played 57 regular games in both of the last two seasons. At 27 but with limited NHL experience, one can argue that he has at least some room to improve.
As mediocre as Crawford’s regular season was, many believed that his poor performance against the Phoenix Coyotes mad the difference during Chicago’s first-round series.
Emery’s path back to the NHL is a great story of resiliency, yet it’s tough to tell if he can stay healthy enough to top last year’s 15 wins in 34 games played.
On the flip side, Emery might have his health issues behind him and really be able to turn things around.
Without any significant additions on defense, the Blackhawks are banking big-time on their goalies bouncing back.
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 9
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 33
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 49
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 18
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 31
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 94
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (94)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (92)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- PBT: LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games