Jul 25, 2012, 4:56 PM EDT
New York City isn’t a place that needs to be sold to anyone. Maybe if you’re Shea Weber things are different, but in Rick Nash‘s case, he needed a bit of a heads up about the “city that never sleeps.” Who better to turn to than his now former Blue Jackets teammate and former Ranger forward Vinny Prospal?
Dave Lozo of NHL.com hears it from Nash about how Prospal gave him the scouting report on what it’s like being a Ranger.
“Vinny just texted me about an hour ago,” said Nash, seated at a locker with his new Rangers jersey hanging behind him at the MSG Training Center. “We talked when we were training together and he loved it here. He said it was one of the best parts of his career. He loves Torts. From my understanding, he’s very demanding and a tough guy to play for and really preaches hard work, and that’s what you expect from a coach. That’s what you’d want.”
Guys who love Tortorella you’d think are rare but for Nash, he’d better get used to him fast. The pressure will be immense on the Rangers to do better than they did last season. Considering where Nash is coming from, it’s as much of a 180-degree turn on expectations as you can imagine.
(Picture courtesy of the New York Rangers twitter)
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 29
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 36
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 25
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 19
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 78
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 112
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 21
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead