Jul 25, 2012, 4:56 PM EDT
New York City isn’t a place that needs to be sold to anyone. Maybe if you’re Shea Weber things are different, but in Rick Nash‘s case, he needed a bit of a heads up about the “city that never sleeps.” Who better to turn to than his now former Blue Jackets teammate and former Ranger forward Vinny Prospal?
Dave Lozo of NHL.com hears it from Nash about how Prospal gave him the scouting report on what it’s like being a Ranger.
“Vinny just texted me about an hour ago,” said Nash, seated at a locker with his new Rangers jersey hanging behind him at the MSG Training Center. “We talked when we were training together and he loved it here. He said it was one of the best parts of his career. He loves Torts. From my understanding, he’s very demanding and a tough guy to play for and really preaches hard work, and that’s what you expect from a coach. That’s what you’d want.”
Guys who love Tortorella you’d think are rare but for Nash, he’d better get used to him fast. The pressure will be immense on the Rangers to do better than they did last season. Considering where Nash is coming from, it’s as much of a 180-degree turn on expectations as you can imagine.
(Picture courtesy of the New York Rangers twitter)
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)