Jul 25, 2012, 4:56 PM EDT
New York City isn’t a place that needs to be sold to anyone. Maybe if you’re Shea Weber things are different, but in Rick Nash‘s case, he needed a bit of a heads up about the “city that never sleeps.” Who better to turn to than his now former Blue Jackets teammate and former Ranger forward Vinny Prospal?
Dave Lozo of NHL.com hears it from Nash about how Prospal gave him the scouting report on what it’s like being a Ranger.
“Vinny just texted me about an hour ago,” said Nash, seated at a locker with his new Rangers jersey hanging behind him at the MSG Training Center. “We talked when we were training together and he loved it here. He said it was one of the best parts of his career. He loves Torts. From my understanding, he’s very demanding and a tough guy to play for and really preaches hard work, and that’s what you expect from a coach. That’s what you’d want.”
Guys who love Tortorella you’d think are rare but for Nash, he’d better get used to him fast. The pressure will be immense on the Rangers to do better than they did last season. Considering where Nash is coming from, it’s as much of a 180-degree turn on expectations as you can imagine.
(Picture courtesy of the New York Rangers twitter)
- Report: Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 4
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 9
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 2
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 23
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)