Jul 25, 2012, 4:56 PM EST
New York City isn’t a place that needs to be sold to anyone. Maybe if you’re Shea Weber things are different, but in Rick Nash‘s case, he needed a bit of a heads up about the “city that never sleeps.” Who better to turn to than his now former Blue Jackets teammate and former Ranger forward Vinny Prospal?
Dave Lozo of NHL.com hears it from Nash about how Prospal gave him the scouting report on what it’s like being a Ranger.
“Vinny just texted me about an hour ago,” said Nash, seated at a locker with his new Rangers jersey hanging behind him at the MSG Training Center. “We talked when we were training together and he loved it here. He said it was one of the best parts of his career. He loves Torts. From my understanding, he’s very demanding and a tough guy to play for and really preaches hard work, and that’s what you expect from a coach. That’s what you’d want.”
Guys who love Tortorella you’d think are rare but for Nash, he’d better get used to him fast. The pressure will be immense on the Rangers to do better than they did last season. Considering where Nash is coming from, it’s as much of a 180-degree turn on expectations as you can imagine.
(Picture courtesy of the New York Rangers twitter)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 124
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 95
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 107
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (128)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (126)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (113)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (96)