Jul 25, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
Here’s a roundup of smaller moves from this afternoon.
Canucks avoid arbitration, sign Weise to one-year deal
Vancouver re-upped with physical fourth liner Dale Weise, signing him to a one-year, one-way deal worth $615,000. Weise, a former Rangers forward, was best known for his part in last season’s dust-up with the Boston Bruins that saw him fight Nathan Horton and draw the ire of Shawn Thornton as well. He had four goals, four assists and 81 penalty minutes in 68 games for Vancouver.
Ottawa re-signs Da Costa for one year
Former Merrimack College standout Stephane Da Costa will stick with the Ottawa Senators after inking a one-year, two-way deal. The native of Paris, France played in just 22 games with the Sens last season potting three goals and adding two assists. Da Costa spent most of the year at the Sens’ AHL affiliate in Binghamton.
Brunnstrom is heading back to Sweden
So much potential, so little of it fulfilled. Former lusted after Swedish prospect Fabian Brunnstrom is headed back to the Swedish Elite League after signing a three-year deal with Frolunda. Brunnstrom scored 17 goals in his first season with Dallas in 2008-09, but failed to find his way after that with both Toronto and Detroit. So long Fabian, we hardly knew ye.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)