Jul 25, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
Here’s a roundup of smaller moves from this afternoon.
Canucks avoid arbitration, sign Weise to one-year deal
Vancouver re-upped with physical fourth liner Dale Weise, signing him to a one-year, one-way deal worth $615,000. Weise, a former Rangers forward, was best known for his part in last season’s dust-up with the Boston Bruins that saw him fight Nathan Horton and draw the ire of Shawn Thornton as well. He had four goals, four assists and 81 penalty minutes in 68 games for Vancouver.
Ottawa re-signs Da Costa for one year
Former Merrimack College standout Stephane Da Costa will stick with the Ottawa Senators after inking a one-year, two-way deal. The native of Paris, France played in just 22 games with the Sens last season potting three goals and adding two assists. Da Costa spent most of the year at the Sens’ AHL affiliate in Binghamton.
Brunnstrom is heading back to Sweden
So much potential, so little of it fulfilled. Former lusted after Swedish prospect Fabian Brunnstrom is headed back to the Swedish Elite League after signing a three-year deal with Frolunda. Brunnstrom scored 17 goals in his first season with Dallas in 2008-09, but failed to find his way after that with both Toronto and Detroit. So long Fabian, we hardly knew ye.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)