Jul 25, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
Here’s a roundup of smaller moves from this afternoon.
Canucks avoid arbitration, sign Weise to one-year deal
Vancouver re-upped with physical fourth liner Dale Weise, signing him to a one-year, one-way deal worth $615,000. Weise, a former Rangers forward, was best known for his part in last season’s dust-up with the Boston Bruins that saw him fight Nathan Horton and draw the ire of Shawn Thornton as well. He had four goals, four assists and 81 penalty minutes in 68 games for Vancouver.
Ottawa re-signs Da Costa for one year
Former Merrimack College standout Stephane Da Costa will stick with the Ottawa Senators after inking a one-year, two-way deal. The native of Paris, France played in just 22 games with the Sens last season potting three goals and adding two assists. Da Costa spent most of the year at the Sens’ AHL affiliate in Binghamton.
Brunnstrom is heading back to Sweden
So much potential, so little of it fulfilled. Former lusted after Swedish prospect Fabian Brunnstrom is headed back to the Swedish Elite League after signing a three-year deal with Frolunda. Brunnstrom scored 17 goals in his first season with Dallas in 2008-09, but failed to find his way after that with both Toronto and Detroit. So long Fabian, we hardly knew ye.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39