Jul 25, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
Here’s a roundup of smaller moves from this afternoon.
Canucks avoid arbitration, sign Weise to one-year deal
Vancouver re-upped with physical fourth liner Dale Weise, signing him to a one-year, one-way deal worth $615,000. Weise, a former Rangers forward, was best known for his part in last season’s dust-up with the Boston Bruins that saw him fight Nathan Horton and draw the ire of Shawn Thornton as well. He had four goals, four assists and 81 penalty minutes in 68 games for Vancouver.
Ottawa re-signs Da Costa for one year
Former Merrimack College standout Stephane Da Costa will stick with the Ottawa Senators after inking a one-year, two-way deal. The native of Paris, France played in just 22 games with the Sens last season potting three goals and adding two assists. Da Costa spent most of the year at the Sens’ AHL affiliate in Binghamton.
Brunnstrom is heading back to Sweden
So much potential, so little of it fulfilled. Former lusted after Swedish prospect Fabian Brunnstrom is headed back to the Swedish Elite League after signing a three-year deal with Frolunda. Brunnstrom scored 17 goals in his first season with Dallas in 2008-09, but failed to find his way after that with both Toronto and Detroit. So long Fabian, we hardly knew ye.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 25
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 12
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)