Jul 25, 2012, 7:44 PM EDT
Gary Bettman described much of what was discussed as “nuts and bolts” information, things that NHLPA head Donald Fehr said were mostly agreeable.
“On a lot of things I don’t think there [will] be a big difference in opinion.” Fehr said. “On some other things we have to analyze what the actual affect of moving from A to B would mean for the individual players, our staff and agents that would be working on those matters.
“I don’t think that’s a terribly long process but it’s not a five-minute turnaround either.”
Those nuts and bolts bits might not make waves, but David Shoalts passes along some findings from the NHLPA’s “analysts” that underscore the notion that the two sides could be very far apart.
The players’ proposed takeaway would reportedly roll back to 43 percent, not 46 as originally believed under the initial proposal.
The overall effect, the analysts discovered, would actually shrink the players’ share of the revenue to 43 per cent from 57 once the effect of reducing the HRR was added. Under those numbers, for example, the salary cap last season would have been $50.8-million, rather than $64.3-million, and the floor or minimum payroll would have been $38.8-million rather than $48.3-million.
To the individual player, this meant if he made a salary of $1-million, it would have been cut back to $760,000.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)