Jul 25, 2012, 7:44 PM EDT
Gary Bettman described much of what was discussed as “nuts and bolts” information, things that NHLPA head Donald Fehr said were mostly agreeable.
“On a lot of things I don’t think there [will] be a big difference in opinion.” Fehr said. “On some other things we have to analyze what the actual affect of moving from A to B would mean for the individual players, our staff and agents that would be working on those matters.
“I don’t think that’s a terribly long process but it’s not a five-minute turnaround either.”
Those nuts and bolts bits might not make waves, but David Shoalts passes along some findings from the NHLPA’s “analysts” that underscore the notion that the two sides could be very far apart.
The players’ proposed takeaway would reportedly roll back to 43 percent, not 46 as originally believed under the initial proposal.
The overall effect, the analysts discovered, would actually shrink the players’ share of the revenue to 43 per cent from 57 once the effect of reducing the HRR was added. Under those numbers, for example, the salary cap last season would have been $50.8-million, rather than $64.3-million, and the floor or minimum payroll would have been $38.8-million rather than $48.3-million.
To the individual player, this meant if he made a salary of $1-million, it would have been cut back to $760,000.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)