Jul 25, 2012, 11:13 PM EDT
A day after the trade was announced, Brandon Dubinsky became acquainted with his new hockey home in Columbus.
Dubinsky told Aaron Portzline that his fresh start with the Columbus Blue Jackets is a “great opportunity.”
“Look, every player has to say they’re excited to join a new team. But I can truly say that I’m excited to be here, excited to be part of this team,” Dubinsky said. “There’s so much opportunity here to better my career, so much opportunity to help this team win. I’m excited for that.”
Dubinsky acknowledged the human side of being traded, pointing out that he met plenty of people while he was in New York – his wife included.
Despite that tough adjustment, he repeatedly expressed excitement about the change of scenery and joining the Blue Jackets. Dubinsky also said he’s willing to play both center or wing when called upon.
“I’ve said it 50 times probably since the deal happened — I like the group we have here,” Dubinsky said. “I think collectively we can do something special. This is an organization that wants success and is moving in the right direction for it. I’m excited to be a part of it.”
(Photo via Blue Jackets.)
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)