Jul 25, 2012, 11:13 PM EDT
A day after the trade was announced, Brandon Dubinsky became acquainted with his new hockey home in Columbus.
Dubinsky told Aaron Portzline that his fresh start with the Columbus Blue Jackets is a “great opportunity.”
“Look, every player has to say they’re excited to join a new team. But I can truly say that I’m excited to be here, excited to be part of this team,” Dubinsky said. “There’s so much opportunity here to better my career, so much opportunity to help this team win. I’m excited for that.”
Dubinsky acknowledged the human side of being traded, pointing out that he met plenty of people while he was in New York – his wife included.
Despite that tough adjustment, he repeatedly expressed excitement about the change of scenery and joining the Blue Jackets. Dubinsky also said he’s willing to play both center or wing when called upon.
“I’ve said it 50 times probably since the deal happened — I like the group we have here,” Dubinsky said. “I think collectively we can do something special. This is an organization that wants success and is moving in the right direction for it. I’m excited to be a part of it.”
(Photo via Blue Jackets.)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)