Jul 25, 2012, 11:13 PM EDT
A day after the trade was announced, Brandon Dubinsky became acquainted with his new hockey home in Columbus.
Dubinsky told Aaron Portzline that his fresh start with the Columbus Blue Jackets is a “great opportunity.”
“Look, every player has to say they’re excited to join a new team. But I can truly say that I’m excited to be here, excited to be part of this team,” Dubinsky said. “There’s so much opportunity here to better my career, so much opportunity to help this team win. I’m excited for that.”
Dubinsky acknowledged the human side of being traded, pointing out that he met plenty of people while he was in New York – his wife included.
Despite that tough adjustment, he repeatedly expressed excitement about the change of scenery and joining the Blue Jackets. Dubinsky also said he’s willing to play both center or wing when called upon.
“I’ve said it 50 times probably since the deal happened — I like the group we have here,” Dubinsky said. “I think collectively we can do something special. This is an organization that wants success and is moving in the right direction for it. I’m excited to be a part of it.”
(Photo via Blue Jackets.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5