Jul 25, 2012, 11:13 PM EST
A day after the trade was announced, Brandon Dubinsky became acquainted with his new hockey home in Columbus.
Dubinsky told Aaron Portzline that his fresh start with the Columbus Blue Jackets is a “great opportunity.”
“Look, every player has to say they’re excited to join a new team. But I can truly say that I’m excited to be here, excited to be part of this team,” Dubinsky said. “There’s so much opportunity here to better my career, so much opportunity to help this team win. I’m excited for that.”
Dubinsky acknowledged the human side of being traded, pointing out that he met plenty of people while he was in New York – his wife included.
Despite that tough adjustment, he repeatedly expressed excitement about the change of scenery and joining the Blue Jackets. Dubinsky also said he’s willing to play both center or wing when called upon.
“I’ve said it 50 times probably since the deal happened — I like the group we have here,” Dubinsky said. “I think collectively we can do something special. This is an organization that wants success and is moving in the right direction for it. I’m excited to be a part of it.”
(Photo via Blue Jackets.)
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)