Jul 25, 2012, 11:13 PM EDT
A day after the trade was announced, Brandon Dubinsky became acquainted with his new hockey home in Columbus.
Dubinsky told Aaron Portzline that his fresh start with the Columbus Blue Jackets is a “great opportunity.”
“Look, every player has to say they’re excited to join a new team. But I can truly say that I’m excited to be here, excited to be part of this team,” Dubinsky said. “There’s so much opportunity here to better my career, so much opportunity to help this team win. I’m excited for that.”
Dubinsky acknowledged the human side of being traded, pointing out that he met plenty of people while he was in New York – his wife included.
Despite that tough adjustment, he repeatedly expressed excitement about the change of scenery and joining the Blue Jackets. Dubinsky also said he’s willing to play both center or wing when called upon.
“I’ve said it 50 times probably since the deal happened — I like the group we have here,” Dubinsky said. “I think collectively we can do something special. This is an organization that wants success and is moving in the right direction for it. I’m excited to be a part of it.”
(Photo via Blue Jackets.)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 29
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 8
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (29)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)