Jul 25, 2012, 10:44 AM EDT
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com hears it from Boston GM Peter Chiarelli that you shouldn’t expect anything big from the Bruins the rest of the way.
“I think there’s a good chance that this will be our roster going into camp,” said Chiarelli. “I think there’s a good chance. There’s a lot of the summer left and there’s a lot of stuff that has to happen on a macro basis too. So, I really, if anything right now, there’s — in my mind — there’s more uncertainty as far as the global landscape and us in the global landscape.
“I guess what I’m saying is, I think anything can happen depending on how things unfold, but there’s a good chance that this will be our roster going into the training camp.”
If you’re a Bruins fan and you’re fretting about things, the news of Nathan Horton being cleared for contact following his late-season concussion is their big “acquisition” of the summer. Getting him back helps balance out their lines and gives them their big goal scorer.
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 6
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 18
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 125
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (125)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)