Jul 25, 2012, 10:44 AM EDT
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com hears it from Boston GM Peter Chiarelli that you shouldn’t expect anything big from the Bruins the rest of the way.
“I think there’s a good chance that this will be our roster going into camp,” said Chiarelli. “I think there’s a good chance. There’s a lot of the summer left and there’s a lot of stuff that has to happen on a macro basis too. So, I really, if anything right now, there’s — in my mind — there’s more uncertainty as far as the global landscape and us in the global landscape.
“I guess what I’m saying is, I think anything can happen depending on how things unfold, but there’s a good chance that this will be our roster going into the training camp.”
If you’re a Bruins fan and you’re fretting about things, the news of Nathan Horton being cleared for contact following his late-season concussion is their big “acquisition” of the summer. Getting him back helps balance out their lines and gives them their big goal scorer.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)