Jul 25, 2012, 10:44 AM EDT
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com hears it from Boston GM Peter Chiarelli that you shouldn’t expect anything big from the Bruins the rest of the way.
“I think there’s a good chance that this will be our roster going into camp,” said Chiarelli. “I think there’s a good chance. There’s a lot of the summer left and there’s a lot of stuff that has to happen on a macro basis too. So, I really, if anything right now, there’s — in my mind — there’s more uncertainty as far as the global landscape and us in the global landscape.
“I guess what I’m saying is, I think anything can happen depending on how things unfold, but there’s a good chance that this will be our roster going into the training camp.”
If you’re a Bruins fan and you’re fretting about things, the news of Nathan Horton being cleared for contact following his late-season concussion is their big “acquisition” of the summer. Getting him back helps balance out their lines and gives them their big goal scorer.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)