Jul 25, 2012, 10:44 AM EDT
Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com hears it from Boston GM Peter Chiarelli that you shouldn’t expect anything big from the Bruins the rest of the way.
“I think there’s a good chance that this will be our roster going into camp,” said Chiarelli. “I think there’s a good chance. There’s a lot of the summer left and there’s a lot of stuff that has to happen on a macro basis too. So, I really, if anything right now, there’s — in my mind — there’s more uncertainty as far as the global landscape and us in the global landscape.
“I guess what I’m saying is, I think anything can happen depending on how things unfold, but there’s a good chance that this will be our roster going into the training camp.”
If you’re a Bruins fan and you’re fretting about things, the news of Nathan Horton being cleared for contact following his late-season concussion is their big “acquisition” of the summer. Getting him back helps balance out their lines and gives them their big goal scorer.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)