Jul 24, 2012, 10:40 AM EDT
Shane Doan is getting his ducks in a row should prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison fail to close on his intended purchase.
The Phoenix Business Journal is reporting Doan has given Jamison until Friday “to see if he can make some more progress or get close to finalizing the sale.”
Doan has already visited with the Rangers and Flyers, and there could be meetings with other suitors in the near future.
His agent, Terry Bross, tells USA Today the visits to other teams are intended to put a Plan B into place should Jamison fail to provide any assurances.
“When we get the news [about the Coyotes], whether it’s good or bad, at least we’ll be prepared,” Bross said. “Otherwise we’ll have to take a week to make a decision. If we find out it doesn’t happen, then we’re behind the eight-ball trying to go visit teams and make a decision. Let’s get them out of the way now.”
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 20
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 13
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 37
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)