Jul 24, 2012, 10:40 AM EDT
Shane Doan is getting his ducks in a row should prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison fail to close on his intended purchase.
The Phoenix Business Journal is reporting Doan has given Jamison until Friday “to see if he can make some more progress or get close to finalizing the sale.”
Doan has already visited with the Rangers and Flyers, and there could be meetings with other suitors in the near future.
His agent, Terry Bross, tells USA Today the visits to other teams are intended to put a Plan B into place should Jamison fail to provide any assurances.
“When we get the news [about the Coyotes], whether it’s good or bad, at least we’ll be prepared,” Bross said. “Otherwise we’ll have to take a week to make a decision. If we find out it doesn’t happen, then we’re behind the eight-ball trying to go visit teams and make a decision. Let’s get them out of the way now.”
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 34
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 153
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 49
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 57
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 50
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Spezza: ‘I’m just a piece to the puzzle’ in Dallas 32
- Ovechkin ‘upset’ at Grabovski departure, happy with defensive signings 18
- Washington Capitals were free agency’s biggest spenders 15
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (165)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (58)