Jul 24, 2012, 10:40 AM EST
Shane Doan is getting his ducks in a row should prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison fail to close on his intended purchase.
The Phoenix Business Journal is reporting Doan has given Jamison until Friday “to see if he can make some more progress or get close to finalizing the sale.”
Doan has already visited with the Rangers and Flyers, and there could be meetings with other suitors in the near future.
His agent, Terry Bross, tells USA Today the visits to other teams are intended to put a Plan B into place should Jamison fail to provide any assurances.
“When we get the news [about the Coyotes], whether it’s good or bad, at least we’ll be prepared,” Bross said. “Otherwise we’ll have to take a week to make a decision. If we find out it doesn’t happen, then we’re behind the eight-ball trying to go visit teams and make a decision. Let’s get them out of the way now.”
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)