Jul 24, 2012, 10:40 AM EDT
Shane Doan is getting his ducks in a row should prospective Coyotes owner Greg Jamison fail to close on his intended purchase.
The Phoenix Business Journal is reporting Doan has given Jamison until Friday “to see if he can make some more progress or get close to finalizing the sale.”
Doan has already visited with the Rangers and Flyers, and there could be meetings with other suitors in the near future.
His agent, Terry Bross, tells USA Today the visits to other teams are intended to put a Plan B into place should Jamison fail to provide any assurances.
“When we get the news [about the Coyotes], whether it’s good or bad, at least we’ll be prepared,” Bross said. “Otherwise we’ll have to take a week to make a decision. If we find out it doesn’t happen, then we’re behind the eight-ball trying to go visit teams and make a decision. Let’s get them out of the way now.”
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 0
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 7
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 78
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)