Jul 24, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
Chiarelli passed along the good news at a press conference for head coach Claude Julien, the recent recipient of a multi-year contract extension.
It’s expected Horton will be ready for training camp. The 27-year-old winger missed the last 36 games of the regular season and the entire playoffs with his second concussion in less than a year.
A healthy Horton reduces the need for Chiarelli to go out and acquire a top-six forward.
The question now is whether Horton can remain healthy.
- Marian Gaborik suffers broken collarbone in return to action 4
- Martin Jones improves to 8-0-0, ties NHL record 12
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 2
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 25
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 11
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ (72)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)
- Video: Marchand taunts Canucks with championship miming (69)