Jul 24, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Chiarelli passed along the good news at a press conference for head coach Claude Julien, the recent recipient of a multi-year contract extension.
It’s expected Horton will be ready for training camp. The 27-year-old winger missed the last 36 games of the regular season and the entire playoffs with his second concussion in less than a year.
A healthy Horton reduces the need for Chiarelli to go out and acquire a top-six forward.
The question now is whether Horton can remain healthy.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 8
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 37
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)