Jul 24, 2012, 12:40 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes have signed defenseman Jay Harrison to a three-year, $4.5 million contract extension that will keep the 29-year-old club property through 2015-16.
Harrison had nine goals and 14 assists in 2011-12 while averaging 20:33 per game — by far his best season professionally.
“Jay has developed into a consistent, steadying presence for our defense,” said Canes GM Jim Rutherford in a release. “He is capable of providing both physicality and offense, and we are happy to now have him under contract for the next four seasons.”
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6