Jul 24, 2012, 12:40 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes have signed defenseman Jay Harrison to a three-year, $4.5 million contract extension that will keep the 29-year-old club property through 2015-16.
Harrison had nine goals and 14 assists in 2011-12 while averaging 20:33 per game — by far his best season professionally.
“Jay has developed into a consistent, steadying presence for our defense,” said Canes GM Jim Rutherford in a release. “He is capable of providing both physicality and offense, and we are happy to now have him under contract for the next four seasons.”
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 5
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 13
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 10
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5