Jul 24, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed second overall pick Ryan Murray to a three-year, entry-level contract, the club announced today.
The 18-year-old defenseman will be given the opportunity to compete for a spot on the Jackets’ roster in 2012-13. However, the acquisition of prospect Tim Erixon, 21, from the Rangers in the Rick Nash deal may force Murray to spend another season with the Everett Silvertips of the WHL.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17