Jul 24, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed second overall pick Ryan Murray to a three-year, entry-level contract, the club announced today.
The 18-year-old defenseman will be given the opportunity to compete for a spot on the Jackets’ roster in 2012-13. However, the acquisition of prospect Tim Erixon, 21, from the Rangers in the Rick Nash deal may force Murray to spend another season with the Everett Silvertips of the WHL.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1