Jul 24, 2012, 1:07 PM EST
Unless, the executive adds, the Flyers are “prepared to make a great trade.”
Said trade would presumably involve the four first-round picks that would go to Nashville should the Preds decide not to match.
Nashville has until Wednesday night to match the Flyers’ $110 million offer for Weber.
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, Preds ownership is meeting today to determine the best course of action.
As Weber’s agent, Kevin Epp, points out, Nashville’s multiple-owner structure could be complicating matters.
“There’s a lot of owners who have to get together to make the decision,” Epp told the Philadelphia Inquirer. “It’s not like the Flyers with one owner.”
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54