Jul 24, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
Unless, the executive adds, the Flyers are “prepared to make a great trade.”
Said trade would presumably involve the four first-round picks that would go to Nashville should the Preds decide not to match.
Nashville has until Wednesday night to match the Flyers’ $110 million offer for Weber.
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, Preds ownership is meeting today to determine the best course of action.
As Weber’s agent, Kevin Epp, points out, Nashville’s multiple-owner structure could be complicating matters.
“There’s a lot of owners who have to get together to make the decision,” Epp told the Philadelphia Inquirer. “It’s not like the Flyers with one owner.”
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54