Jul 23, 2012, 3:24 PM EDT
The early verdicts are in on the deal that has Rick Nash going to the Rangers in exchange for Artem Anisimov, Brandon Dubinsky, Tim Erixon and a 2014 first round pick — and they’re not favorable for Columbus GM Scott Howson.
Here’s a sampling of what folks are tweeting….
Mike Harrington, Buffalo News: “So how exactly does Scott Howson still have a job after this fiasco?”
Frank Seravalli, Philadelphia Daily News: “You would almost think Scott Howson was trying to blow up the Blue Jackets. Better off playing with disgruntled captain than that trade.”
Bruce Garrioch, Ottawa Sun: “The Jackets needed to a hit a home run with this deal. This is not a home run. They had better offers at the trade deadline.”
Tom Gulitti, NorthJersey.com: “Howson was in a tough spot, but it looks like he caved just to trade Nash rather than hold out for value.”
James Cybulski, TSN: “How does it take Carolina and Pitt 24 hours to make a fair Staal deal, and yet the Nash trade takes 5 months to agree on that package?”
Jason Brough, ProHockeyTalk: “‘Fine. Screw it. WHATEVER!’ — Scott Howson to Glen Sather”
Damien Cox, Toronto Star: “And, after months of dithering, Blue Jackets make a crap deal for Nash. Go for volume rather than quality. Dumb.”
Sean Gentile, Sporting News: “Look at the vitriol for Howson. That’s why you don’t make insane demands for months on end. Now he gets killed for an appropriate return.”
Seth Rorabaugh, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: “Car dealers in Central Ohio are suddenly preparing mass mailings for Scott Howson’s home address…”
Steve Simmons, Toronto Sun: “Columbus didn’t get a Top 6 forward or a defenceman for Rick Nash. Please explain, Scott Howson?
Bobby Holik: “Scott Howson finally earned contract extension.
And finally, what might be the most telling tweet of them all…
Doug MacLean, Sportsnet (and former Columbus GM!): “If these names are right this is a disaster for cbj.”
Apr 18, 2015, 9:08 PM EDT
Craig MacTavish has some decisions to make, now that he’s won the Connor McDavid sweepstakes.
Apr 18, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
St. Louis with the win.
Apr 18, 2015, 8:26 PM EDT
Edmonton wins the Connor McDavid sweeps.
Apr 18, 2015, 7:33 PM EDT
Can the Penguins and Jets even things up?
Apr 18, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
Not wasting any time.
Apr 18, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
This series is all tied up at 1-1.
Apr 18, 2015, 6:06 PM EDT
Mrazek pulled after two periods.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:44 PM EDT
Deryk Engelland’s game misconduct for instigating was rescinded.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Enter Jimmy Howard.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:23 PM EDT
He has his first two of these playoffs.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
Congrats to Pullar Stadium and War Memorial Arena.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
Congrats to Decatur and St. Michael-Albertville.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
Both will look to give their respective team a 2-1 series lead.
Apr 18, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
He made 42 saves in Chicago’s Game 1 win.
Apr 18, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Puck drop for both games is at 3 p.m. ET.
Apr 18, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
He won’t play Games 3 and 4.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
He could be suspended for Game 3.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Neither will play Game 2 tonight.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:25 AM EDT
He received an instigator penalty late in Game 2.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
He’s been out since mid-March with an arm injury.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 90
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 11
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (91)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)