Jul 23, 2012, 10:20 AM EST
TSN is reporting it’s a $17.6 million deal (cap hit $4.4 million).
“Kris played an important role in our club’s success last season and we are pleased to have reached a long-term contract agreement with him,” said Panthers GM Dale Tallon in a release. “He is a skilled player who recorded career highs in goals and points last season, while playing on our top line alongside Stephen Weiss and Tomas Fleischman. We look forward to his continued offensive production, as well as his off-ice contributions in the South Florida community.”
Versteeg, 26, finished third in Florida scoring with 23 goals and 31 assists in 71 games.
So that’s another RFA that avoids his arbitration date and signs a contract.
The Dale Weise watch continues.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54