Jul 23, 2012, 10:20 AM EST
TSN is reporting it’s a $17.6 million deal (cap hit $4.4 million).
“Kris played an important role in our club’s success last season and we are pleased to have reached a long-term contract agreement with him,” said Panthers GM Dale Tallon in a release. “He is a skilled player who recorded career highs in goals and points last season, while playing on our top line alongside Stephen Weiss and Tomas Fleischman. We look forward to his continued offensive production, as well as his off-ice contributions in the South Florida community.”
Versteeg, 26, finished third in Florida scoring with 23 goals and 31 assists in 71 games.
So that’s another RFA that avoids his arbitration date and signs a contract.
The Dale Weise watch continues.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8