Jul 23, 2012, 2:35 PM EDT
We’re not sure what the Shawinigan Cataractes have been doing with the Memorial Cup this summer, but this is how it looks:
The above picture comes courtesy L’Écho de Shawinigan, and it has QMJHL commissioner Gilles Courteau fuming.
“The Memorial Cup was donated in 1919 to honor Canada’s war fallen,” said Courteau in a statement. “It is unfortunate and deplorable to see it in such a state. The damages that were caused will be billed to the team.”
No truth to the rumor the Cataractes also badly damaged a weather station.
Via windsorspitfiresohl.blogspot.com, here’s what the Memorial Cup looks like when healthy:
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 7
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31