Jul 23, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
An honest take? Or, just sour grapes?
We’ll let you decide if SKA St. Petersburg coach Milos Riha was being genuine in his assessment of Vladimir Tarasenko, the 20-year-old that decided to leave Russia to play for the St. Louis Blues next season.
“I think that he could play a couple more years in KHL and grew to maturity as a hockey player. I can only wish him luck.”
Tarasenko was traded to SKA St. Petersburg in January. Since breaking into the KHL as a 16-year-old, he’s piled up 100 points in 176 games.
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head 24
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 2
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 32
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 84
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (84)