Jul 23, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
An honest take? Or, just sour grapes?
We’ll let you decide if SKA St. Petersburg coach Milos Riha was being genuine in his assessment of Vladimir Tarasenko, the 20-year-old that decided to leave Russia to play for the St. Louis Blues next season.
“I think that he could play a couple more years in KHL and grew to maturity as a hockey player. I can only wish him luck.”
Tarasenko was traded to SKA St. Petersburg in January. Since breaking into the KHL as a 16-year-old, he’s piled up 100 points in 176 games.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 9
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 13
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)