Jul 23, 2012, 2:44 PM EST
Update: The full deal is Nash, a 2013 third-round pick (which goes back to CBJ if NYR make Cup final) and minor-league defenseman Steven Delisle to New York in exchange for Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon and a 2013 first-rounder.
New York had been considered the favorite to land Nash, but until now the two teams had been unable to agree on the package that would go to Columbus.
“If we do complete a trade, we’re trading out a 30 to 40 goal scorer,” Jackets GM Scott Howson said prior to the trade. “Defense is probably the strongest part of our team if we look at it today, so we’re looking to get some NHL forwards back first and foremost.”
More to come…
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 8
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 35
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 18
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32