Jul 23, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Update: The full deal is Nash, a 2013 third-round pick (which goes back to CBJ if NYR make Cup final) and minor-league defenseman Steven Delisle to New York in exchange for Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon and a 2013 first-rounder.
New York had been considered the favorite to land Nash, but until now the two teams had been unable to agree on the package that would go to Columbus.
“If we do complete a trade, we’re trading out a 30 to 40 goal scorer,” Jackets GM Scott Howson said prior to the trade. “Defense is probably the strongest part of our team if we look at it today, so we’re looking to get some NHL forwards back first and foremost.”
More to come…
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5