Jul 23, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Darryl Sutter had his turn with the Stanley Cup over the weekend and brought it “to the farm.” It wasn’t the Cup’s first trip there, but it’s the first time that Darryl has been able to deliver it. (Calgary Herald)
Corey Crawford isn’t dwelling on Chicago’s reported interest in Martin Brodeur before the future Hall of Fame goaltender re-signed with the New Jersey Devils. He’s more focused on getting ready for the 2012-13 campaign after his disappointing performance last season. (CSN Chicago)
Predators GM David Poile and Flyers GM Paul Holmgren has talked “just once” since Weber agreed to an offer sheet with Philadelphia. (Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News)
Tomas Jurco is likely to sign an entry-level contract with Detroit when the Slovak Ice Hockey Federation and International Ice Hockey Federation reach a transfer agreement. (Detroit Free Press)
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 37
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 17
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 15
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 96
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead