Jul 23, 2012, 8:05 PM EDT
The Rick Nash trade rumors circulated for quite some time, something that wasn’t lost on Brandon Dubinsky. The new Columbus Blue Jackets forward reflected on the process – and picking up the pieces – with Aaron Portzline.
“It’s one of those things where I knew if it was going to happen, I’d be a part of it,” Dubinsky said. “But even if you expect it, you’re still kind of shocked. For me, it’s the first time I’ve ever been traded. It’s a tough day.”
Despite that stunned feeling, Dubinsky told Portzline that he’s immediately turning the page.
“I’m already looking forward,” Dubinsky said. “My focus is going to be on helping my new team win games. I’m not going to be looking back.”
The former Rangers forward would probably like to forget about last season, where he followed up a career-year with just 10 goals and 34 points. Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov represent the two “NHL-ready forwards” that Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson was looking for (and a duo with the earliest opportunities to make that trade look positive for Columbus).
In case you’re wondering, the Rangers visit the Blue Jackets in Columbus on April 5, 2013 – the two teams’ only scheduled meeting next season.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)