Jul 23, 2012, 8:05 PM EDT
The Rick Nash trade rumors circulated for quite some time, something that wasn’t lost on Brandon Dubinsky. The new Columbus Blue Jackets forward reflected on the process – and picking up the pieces – with Aaron Portzline.
“It’s one of those things where I knew if it was going to happen, I’d be a part of it,” Dubinsky said. “But even if you expect it, you’re still kind of shocked. For me, it’s the first time I’ve ever been traded. It’s a tough day.”
Despite that stunned feeling, Dubinsky told Portzline that he’s immediately turning the page.
“I’m already looking forward,” Dubinsky said. “My focus is going to be on helping my new team win games. I’m not going to be looking back.”
The former Rangers forward would probably like to forget about last season, where he followed up a career-year with just 10 goals and 34 points. Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov represent the two “NHL-ready forwards” that Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson was looking for (and a duo with the earliest opportunities to make that trade look positive for Columbus).
In case you’re wondering, the Rangers visit the Blue Jackets in Columbus on April 5, 2013 – the two teams’ only scheduled meeting next season.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 14
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 13
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 28
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)