Jul 23, 2012, 8:05 PM EST
The Rick Nash trade rumors circulated for quite some time, something that wasn’t lost on Brandon Dubinsky. The new Columbus Blue Jackets forward reflected on the process – and picking up the pieces – with Aaron Portzline.
“It’s one of those things where I knew if it was going to happen, I’d be a part of it,” Dubinsky said. “But even if you expect it, you’re still kind of shocked. For me, it’s the first time I’ve ever been traded. It’s a tough day.”
Despite that stunned feeling, Dubinsky told Portzline that he’s immediately turning the page.
“I’m already looking forward,” Dubinsky said. “My focus is going to be on helping my new team win games. I’m not going to be looking back.”
The former Rangers forward would probably like to forget about last season, where he followed up a career-year with just 10 goals and 34 points. Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov represent the two “NHL-ready forwards” that Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson was looking for (and a duo with the earliest opportunities to make that trade look positive for Columbus).
In case you’re wondering, the Rangers visit the Blue Jackets in Columbus on April 5, 2013 – the two teams’ only scheduled meeting next season.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 92
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 92
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 103
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (123)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (104)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (100)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (94)