Jul 23, 2012, 8:05 PM EST
The Rick Nash trade rumors circulated for quite some time, something that wasn’t lost on Brandon Dubinsky. The new Columbus Blue Jackets forward reflected on the process – and picking up the pieces – with Aaron Portzline.
“It’s one of those things where I knew if it was going to happen, I’d be a part of it,” Dubinsky said. “But even if you expect it, you’re still kind of shocked. For me, it’s the first time I’ve ever been traded. It’s a tough day.”
Despite that stunned feeling, Dubinsky told Portzline that he’s immediately turning the page.
“I’m already looking forward,” Dubinsky said. “My focus is going to be on helping my new team win games. I’m not going to be looking back.”
The former Rangers forward would probably like to forget about last season, where he followed up a career-year with just 10 goals and 34 points. Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov represent the two “NHL-ready forwards” that Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson was looking for (and a duo with the earliest opportunities to make that trade look positive for Columbus).
In case you’re wondering, the Rangers visit the Blue Jackets in Columbus on April 5, 2013 – the two teams’ only scheduled meeting next season.
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 15
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 16
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 65
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 17
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (65)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)