Jul 23, 2012, 8:05 PM EST
The Rick Nash trade rumors circulated for quite some time, something that wasn’t lost on Brandon Dubinsky. The new Columbus Blue Jackets forward reflected on the process – and picking up the pieces – with Aaron Portzline.
“It’s one of those things where I knew if it was going to happen, I’d be a part of it,” Dubinsky said. “But even if you expect it, you’re still kind of shocked. For me, it’s the first time I’ve ever been traded. It’s a tough day.”
Despite that stunned feeling, Dubinsky told Portzline that he’s immediately turning the page.
“I’m already looking forward,” Dubinsky said. “My focus is going to be on helping my new team win games. I’m not going to be looking back.”
The former Rangers forward would probably like to forget about last season, where he followed up a career-year with just 10 goals and 34 points. Dubinsky and Artem Anisimov represent the two “NHL-ready forwards” that Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson was looking for (and a duo with the earliest opportunities to make that trade look positive for Columbus).
In case you’re wondering, the Rangers visit the Blue Jackets in Columbus on April 5, 2013 – the two teams’ only scheduled meeting next season.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)