Jul 23, 2012, 7:37 PM EDT
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports that the Boston Bruins signed head coach Claude Julien to a multi-year extension. The exact amount of years isn’t clear yet, although that might be revealed during tomorrow’s press conference.
Boston represents the third stop of Julien’s head coaching career (Julien began with three seasons in Montreal and one season with New Jersey). The Bruins won a Stanley Cup in 2011 and three Northeast division titles during his five seasons with the team, making the playoffs in every campaign.
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKesyer to two-year, $4.375M extension 1
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12