Jul 23, 2012, 7:37 PM EDT
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty reports that the Boston Bruins signed head coach Claude Julien to a multi-year extension. The exact amount of years isn’t clear yet, although that might be revealed during tomorrow’s press conference.
Boston represents the third stop of Julien’s head coaching career (Julien began with three seasons in Montreal and one season with New Jersey). The Bruins won a Stanley Cup in 2011 and three Northeast division titles during his five seasons with the team, making the playoffs in every campaign.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 19
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 15
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6