Jul 22, 2012, 11:21 AM EST
If there’s one thing you could say about the NHLPA in the past is that they’ve had issues sticking together behind a leader. The players’ association have never had a guy like Donald Fehr in the past, however, and that makes this round of CBA negotiations that much different.
Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews tells Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com he’s confident in the process and believes in what Fehr is doing to help the players get a fair deal.
“We know his leadership abilities and we’re confident in what he’s been doing for us and we’re going to continue to feel that way,” Toews said. “Everyone wants to know answers right now and it’s impossible to tell the future. We’re confident in Don, we’re behind him 100 percent directing our NHLPA and we’ll leave it at that.”
Hawks forward Jamal Mayers also spoke to Myers saying they hope to make up some ground lost to the owners in the last round of negotiations. Therein lies the fight for the players. Hearing Toews’ positive attitude about working with Fehr is something that should have the owners realizing they won’t be able to push them around.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 13
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 30
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)