Jul 22, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
If there’s one thing you could say about the NHLPA in the past is that they’ve had issues sticking together behind a leader. The players’ association have never had a guy like Donald Fehr in the past, however, and that makes this round of CBA negotiations that much different.
Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews tells Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com he’s confident in the process and believes in what Fehr is doing to help the players get a fair deal.
“We know his leadership abilities and we’re confident in what he’s been doing for us and we’re going to continue to feel that way,” Toews said. “Everyone wants to know answers right now and it’s impossible to tell the future. We’re confident in Don, we’re behind him 100 percent directing our NHLPA and we’ll leave it at that.”
Hawks forward Jamal Mayers also spoke to Myers saying they hope to make up some ground lost to the owners in the last round of negotiations. Therein lies the fight for the players. Hearing Toews’ positive attitude about working with Fehr is something that should have the owners realizing they won’t be able to push them around.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)