Jul 22, 2012, 9:21 PM EST
As CSN Washington’s Chuck Gormley reported, the NHL and players’ union plan to meet on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. They had several meetings last week and discussed the specifics of the NHL’s initial proposal.
The players’ union hasn’t revealed their alternative yet, but they might spend next week talking about some of the secondary issues that the new CBA is expected to address.
“Progress can consist of having the discussions and clearing out the underbrush,” NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr said. “It could consist of making or withdrawing proposals on either side. It could consist of trying to focus on certain things. It’s hard to say.”
Although issues like contract lengths and how the league’s revenue is split are likely to get a fair amount of attention, there are quite a few other issues that will be of interest to both sides and the fans. Issues like the 2014 Winter Olympics, realignment, and player safety might be discussed next week.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)