Jul 22, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From July 16 until Aug. 14, we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Today, we continue with the Nashville Predators.
The Predators aren’t just saying goodbye to one or two crucial defensemen, either. Alex Radulov’s return ended up being a vacation from the KHL. At least one of the Kostitsyn brothers won’t be back while Jordin Tootoo bolted for the hated Red Wings.
Weber or not, Nashville is banking on the continued development of youngsters including Ryan Ellis and Craig Smith. Their fortunes will also depend upon more against-the-odds work by head coach Barry Trotz.
Will this be a true “rebuilding year” or will the Predators resiliently battle for a playoff spot once again? Follow PHT today for more on those topics.
- Fifteen years later, Morrow gets another shot at the Cup 0
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 5
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 10
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 7
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 4
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 85
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- Report: Changes coming to compensation for executives 23
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (85)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (64)