Jul 22, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Welcome to our offseason initiative — 30 teams in 30 days.
From July 16 until Aug. 14, we’ll be dedicating each day to a new team by recapping the offseason and looking ahead to 2012-13.
There will also be a series of posts looking at key stories, player profiles and burning questions regarding each squad.
Today, we continue with the Nashville Predators.
The Predators aren’t just saying goodbye to one or two crucial defensemen, either. Alex Radulov’s return ended up being a vacation from the KHL. At least one of the Kostitsyn brothers won’t be back while Jordin Tootoo bolted for the hated Red Wings.
Weber or not, Nashville is banking on the continued development of youngsters including Ryan Ellis and Craig Smith. Their fortunes will also depend upon more against-the-odds work by head coach Barry Trotz.
Will this be a true “rebuilding year” or will the Predators resiliently battle for a playoff spot once again? Follow PHT today for more on those topics.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5