Jul 21, 2012, 3:43 PM EST
Another day, another arbitration case avoided, this time in Dallas.
According to Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News, the Stars and defenseman Mark Fistric came to an agreement on a one-year, $1.45 million deal. TSN’s Darren Dreger reports it’s actually worth $1.475 million. What’s $25,000 between friends? Fistric played in 60 games last season earning two assists and 41 penalty minutes.
Fistric also found a way to cause a bit of trouble thanks to a three-game suspension for charging Islanders rookie Nino Niederreiter. Fistric will look to see more consistent ice time this season as the Stars lost Sheldon Souray to Anaheim in free agency. He’ll get pushed in training camp by a lot of hopeful Stars youth, namely Brenden Dillon and Phillip Larsen.
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 0
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 9
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 1
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 4
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)