Jul 21, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
Free agent Coyotes captain Shane Doan is taking full advantage of being on the east coast. While he was in New York City to take part in labor negotiations, he managed to stop by and visit with the New York Rangers yesterday. Today, he’s taking in Philadelphia according to John Gambadoro of 620 KTAR in Phoenix.
Doan is making sure to fully examine his opportunities as a free agent even in spite of reports saying he wants to stay with the Coyotes. Of course, the ownership situation in Phoenix is making things uncomfortable for the 35 year-old veteran whose spent his entire career with that organization.
It’s no secret the Flyers are being aggressive this summer as they reportedly tossed a $110 million offer to Zach Parise but after he signed with the Wild, they turned around and signed Shea Weber to an offer sheet for that same money. The Predators are still mulling over whether or not to match that offer. Chances are if the Flyers do wind up signing Weber, they can forget about signing Doan.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 8
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 27
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)