Jul 21, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
Free agent Coyotes captain Shane Doan is taking full advantage of being on the east coast. While he was in New York City to take part in labor negotiations, he managed to stop by and visit with the New York Rangers yesterday. Today, he’s taking in Philadelphia according to John Gambadoro of 620 KTAR in Phoenix.
Doan is making sure to fully examine his opportunities as a free agent even in spite of reports saying he wants to stay with the Coyotes. Of course, the ownership situation in Phoenix is making things uncomfortable for the 35 year-old veteran whose spent his entire career with that organization.
It’s no secret the Flyers are being aggressive this summer as they reportedly tossed a $110 million offer to Zach Parise but after he signed with the Wild, they turned around and signed Shea Weber to an offer sheet for that same money. The Predators are still mulling over whether or not to match that offer. Chances are if the Flyers do wind up signing Weber, they can forget about signing Doan.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)