Jul 21, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
Free agent Coyotes captain Shane Doan is taking full advantage of being on the east coast. While he was in New York City to take part in labor negotiations, he managed to stop by and visit with the New York Rangers yesterday. Today, he’s taking in Philadelphia according to John Gambadoro of 620 KTAR in Phoenix.
Doan is making sure to fully examine his opportunities as a free agent even in spite of reports saying he wants to stay with the Coyotes. Of course, the ownership situation in Phoenix is making things uncomfortable for the 35 year-old veteran whose spent his entire career with that organization.
It’s no secret the Flyers are being aggressive this summer as they reportedly tossed a $110 million offer to Zach Parise but after he signed with the Wild, they turned around and signed Shea Weber to an offer sheet for that same money. The Predators are still mulling over whether or not to match that offer. Chances are if the Flyers do wind up signing Weber, they can forget about signing Doan.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)