Jul 21, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
Free agent Coyotes captain Shane Doan is taking full advantage of being on the east coast. While he was in New York City to take part in labor negotiations, he managed to stop by and visit with the New York Rangers yesterday. Today, he’s taking in Philadelphia according to John Gambadoro of 620 KTAR in Phoenix.
Doan is making sure to fully examine his opportunities as a free agent even in spite of reports saying he wants to stay with the Coyotes. Of course, the ownership situation in Phoenix is making things uncomfortable for the 35 year-old veteran whose spent his entire career with that organization.
It’s no secret the Flyers are being aggressive this summer as they reportedly tossed a $110 million offer to Zach Parise but after he signed with the Wild, they turned around and signed Shea Weber to an offer sheet for that same money. The Predators are still mulling over whether or not to match that offer. Chances are if the Flyers do wind up signing Weber, they can forget about signing Doan.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 1
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 39
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)