Jul 21, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
Free agent Coyotes captain Shane Doan is taking full advantage of being on the east coast. While he was in New York City to take part in labor negotiations, he managed to stop by and visit with the New York Rangers yesterday. Today, he’s taking in Philadelphia according to John Gambadoro of 620 KTAR in Phoenix.
Doan is making sure to fully examine his opportunities as a free agent even in spite of reports saying he wants to stay with the Coyotes. Of course, the ownership situation in Phoenix is making things uncomfortable for the 35 year-old veteran whose spent his entire career with that organization.
It’s no secret the Flyers are being aggressive this summer as they reportedly tossed a $110 million offer to Zach Parise but after he signed with the Wild, they turned around and signed Shea Weber to an offer sheet for that same money. The Predators are still mulling over whether or not to match that offer. Chances are if the Flyers do wind up signing Weber, they can forget about signing Doan.
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 9
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 2
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 44
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 36
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 77
- Blackhawks look to end current Game 3 curse 4
- Bruins’ leaders deliver Stanley Cup Final speech 14
- Report: NHL has Seattle plan ready for Coyotes 64
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins go 'above and beyond' in Gm. 3
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury