Jul 21, 2012, 4:44 PM EDT
Daniel Carcillo‘s season ended rather unceremoniously delivering a bad hit on Tom Gilbert and injuring his knee for the remainder season on the play. While he’s been rehabbing his knee and still a few more months until the season starts, Carcillo says he’s ready to go.
CSNChicago.com’s Chris Boden was at Blackhawks Convention and gets the update straight from the man himself.
“I’ve been in the clear to do everything and start pushing it. It’s been going well,” Carcillo said of his rehab Friday at Blackhawks Convention. He has started skating on his own, but will take it to another level in the coming weeks, expecting to be fully ready for training camp if it begins on time in September.
Making Carcillo’s training that much more interesting, he tells Boden he’s taken up boxing classes as well. He’s says it’s just to change his training up a bit. Sure it is. Carcillo was brought in as part of Chicago’s way to toughen the team up and their ouster from the playoffs showed they could’ve used a bit more edge. It should get interesting when Carcillo meets up with the Coyotes and Raffi Torres for the first time next season.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5