Jul 21, 2012, 4:44 PM EDT
Daniel Carcillo‘s season ended rather unceremoniously delivering a bad hit on Tom Gilbert and injuring his knee for the remainder season on the play. While he’s been rehabbing his knee and still a few more months until the season starts, Carcillo says he’s ready to go.
CSNChicago.com’s Chris Boden was at Blackhawks Convention and gets the update straight from the man himself.
“I’ve been in the clear to do everything and start pushing it. It’s been going well,” Carcillo said of his rehab Friday at Blackhawks Convention. He has started skating on his own, but will take it to another level in the coming weeks, expecting to be fully ready for training camp if it begins on time in September.
Making Carcillo’s training that much more interesting, he tells Boden he’s taken up boxing classes as well. He’s says it’s just to change his training up a bit. Sure it is. Carcillo was brought in as part of Chicago’s way to toughen the team up and their ouster from the playoffs showed they could’ve used a bit more edge. It should get interesting when Carcillo meets up with the Coyotes and Raffi Torres for the first time next season.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 46
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 35
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)