Jul 21, 2012, 4:44 PM EDT
Daniel Carcillo‘s season ended rather unceremoniously delivering a bad hit on Tom Gilbert and injuring his knee for the remainder season on the play. While he’s been rehabbing his knee and still a few more months until the season starts, Carcillo says he’s ready to go.
CSNChicago.com’s Chris Boden was at Blackhawks Convention and gets the update straight from the man himself.
“I’ve been in the clear to do everything and start pushing it. It’s been going well,” Carcillo said of his rehab Friday at Blackhawks Convention. He has started skating on his own, but will take it to another level in the coming weeks, expecting to be fully ready for training camp if it begins on time in September.
Making Carcillo’s training that much more interesting, he tells Boden he’s taken up boxing classes as well. He’s says it’s just to change his training up a bit. Sure it is. Carcillo was brought in as part of Chicago’s way to toughen the team up and their ouster from the playoffs showed they could’ve used a bit more edge. It should get interesting when Carcillo meets up with the Coyotes and Raffi Torres for the first time next season.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 8
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 1
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)