Jul 21, 2012, 4:44 PM EDT
Daniel Carcillo‘s season ended rather unceremoniously delivering a bad hit on Tom Gilbert and injuring his knee for the remainder season on the play. While he’s been rehabbing his knee and still a few more months until the season starts, Carcillo says he’s ready to go.
CSNChicago.com’s Chris Boden was at Blackhawks Convention and gets the update straight from the man himself.
“I’ve been in the clear to do everything and start pushing it. It’s been going well,” Carcillo said of his rehab Friday at Blackhawks Convention. He has started skating on his own, but will take it to another level in the coming weeks, expecting to be fully ready for training camp if it begins on time in September.
Making Carcillo’s training that much more interesting, he tells Boden he’s taken up boxing classes as well. He’s says it’s just to change his training up a bit. Sure it is. Carcillo was brought in as part of Chicago’s way to toughen the team up and their ouster from the playoffs showed they could’ve used a bit more edge. It should get interesting when Carcillo meets up with the Coyotes and Raffi Torres for the first time next season.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)