Jul 21, 2012, 4:44 PM EST
Daniel Carcillo‘s season ended rather unceremoniously delivering a bad hit on Tom Gilbert and injuring his knee for the remainder season on the play. While he’s been rehabbing his knee and still a few more months until the season starts, Carcillo says he’s ready to go.
CSNChicago.com’s Chris Boden was at Blackhawks Convention and gets the update straight from the man himself.
“I’ve been in the clear to do everything and start pushing it. It’s been going well,” Carcillo said of his rehab Friday at Blackhawks Convention. He has started skating on his own, but will take it to another level in the coming weeks, expecting to be fully ready for training camp if it begins on time in September.
Making Carcillo’s training that much more interesting, he tells Boden he’s taken up boxing classes as well. He’s says it’s just to change his training up a bit. Sure it is. Carcillo was brought in as part of Chicago’s way to toughen the team up and their ouster from the playoffs showed they could’ve used a bit more edge. It should get interesting when Carcillo meets up with the Coyotes and Raffi Torres for the first time next season.
- Report: Connolly suffers broken finger in Bruins practice 1
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 9
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)