Jul 20, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
NHLPA head Donald Fehr said there’s “no news” to share from the latest CBA meetings, but one might wonder if players can gauge the mood. Jonathan Toews admitted to Tracey Myers that he doesn’t really know what’s going to happen either, though.
“To say what will happen in September is impossible right now,” Toews said.
Toews neutral comments rank between Cory Schneider‘s calming plea for people not to panic and an anonymous insider’s claims that the NHL might lock out for a full season.
The annual Chicago Blackhawks convention’s other topics provided meatier responses on subjects other than Toews’ shoulder shrug, however. Patrick Kane discussed his off-the-ice issues, stating that he doesn’t believe that he has a drinking problem. In more hockey-first notes, Joel Quenneville also mapped out the way he’s likely to use his assistant coaches to Adam Jahns.
Joel Quenneville on coach responsibilities:”Jamie [Kompton] may have the power play & [Mike Kitchen] may get the PK but we’ll all have some input.”
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40