Jul 20, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
NHLPA head Donald Fehr said there’s “no news” to share from the latest CBA meetings, but one might wonder if players can gauge the mood. Jonathan Toews admitted to Tracey Myers that he doesn’t really know what’s going to happen either, though.
“To say what will happen in September is impossible right now,” Toews said.
Toews neutral comments rank between Cory Schneider‘s calming plea for people not to panic and an anonymous insider’s claims that the NHL might lock out for a full season.
The annual Chicago Blackhawks convention’s other topics provided meatier responses on subjects other than Toews’ shoulder shrug, however. Patrick Kane discussed his off-the-ice issues, stating that he doesn’t believe that he has a drinking problem. In more hockey-first notes, Joel Quenneville also mapped out the way he’s likely to use his assistant coaches to Adam Jahns.
Joel Quenneville on coach responsibilities:”Jamie [Kompton] may have the power play & [Mike Kitchen] may get the PK but we’ll all have some input.”
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 16
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 52
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)