Jul 20, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
NHLPA head Donald Fehr said there’s “no news” to share from the latest CBA meetings, but one might wonder if players can gauge the mood. Jonathan Toews admitted to Tracey Myers that he doesn’t really know what’s going to happen either, though.
”To say what will happen in September is impossible right now,” Toews said.
Toews neutral comments rank between Cory Schneider‘s calming plea for people not to panic and an anonymous insider’s claims that the NHL might lock out for a full season.
The annual Chicago Blackhawks convention’s other topics provided meatier responses on subjects other than Toews’ shoulder shrug, however. Patrick Kane discussed his off-the-ice issues, stating that he doesn’t believe that he has a drinking problem. In more hockey-first notes, Joel Quenneville also mapped out the way he’s likely to use his assistant coaches to Adam Jahns.
Joel Quenneville on coach responsibilities:”Jamie [Kompton] may have the power play & [Mike Kitchen] may get the PK but we’ll all have some input.”
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 0
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 12
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 14
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 10
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 11
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)