Jul 20, 2012, 3:26 PM EDT
It was yet another day in New York City for members of the NHLPA to conduct labor negotiations with the NHL and once again there’s not much to report.
Jesse Spector of The Sporting News got the update from Donald Fehr in which he said there was “no news today.” Fehr tells Spector they did some technical work and had a “frank exchange.”
Katie Strang from ESPN New York reports that while the discussions have been good about the owners’ proposal, Fehr says they’re not close to countering it.
“When we get to the point where we’re going to formally respond to the proposal they made — by description, by counterproposal, or by separate proposal of our own — everybody will know,” Fehr said. “We’re not there yet.”
Commissioner Gary Bettman also came away upbeat about the proceedings saying there’s been “good dialogue” this week but says there’s a lot more talking to be done. On the positive side of things, the talk is neutral with neither side coming away with any hurt feelings. Then again, we’re still early in the process.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)