Jul 20, 2012, 3:26 PM EST
It was yet another day in New York City for members of the NHLPA to conduct labor negotiations with the NHL and once again there’s not much to report.
Jesse Spector of The Sporting News got the update from Donald Fehr in which he said there was “no news today.” Fehr tells Spector they did some technical work and had a “frank exchange.”
Katie Strang from ESPN New York reports that while the discussions have been good about the owners’ proposal, Fehr says they’re not close to countering it.
“When we get to the point where we’re going to formally respond to the proposal they made — by description, by counterproposal, or by separate proposal of our own — everybody will know,” Fehr said. “We’re not there yet.”
Commissioner Gary Bettman also came away upbeat about the proceedings saying there’s been “good dialogue” this week but says there’s a lot more talking to be done. On the positive side of things, the talk is neutral with neither side coming away with any hurt feelings. Then again, we’re still early in the process.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)