Jul 20, 2012, 3:26 PM EDT
It was yet another day in New York City for members of the NHLPA to conduct labor negotiations with the NHL and once again there’s not much to report.
Jesse Spector of The Sporting News got the update from Donald Fehr in which he said there was “no news today.” Fehr tells Spector they did some technical work and had a “frank exchange.”
Katie Strang from ESPN New York reports that while the discussions have been good about the owners’ proposal, Fehr says they’re not close to countering it.
“When we get to the point where we’re going to formally respond to the proposal they made — by description, by counterproposal, or by separate proposal of our own — everybody will know,” Fehr said. “We’re not there yet.”
Commissioner Gary Bettman also came away upbeat about the proceedings saying there’s been “good dialogue” this week but says there’s a lot more talking to be done. On the positive side of things, the talk is neutral with neither side coming away with any hurt feelings. Then again, we’re still early in the process.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)