Jul 20, 2012, 3:26 PM EST
It was yet another day in New York City for members of the NHLPA to conduct labor negotiations with the NHL and once again there’s not much to report.
Jesse Spector of The Sporting News got the update from Donald Fehr in which he said there was “no news today.” Fehr tells Spector they did some technical work and had a “frank exchange.”
Katie Strang from ESPN New York reports that while the discussions have been good about the owners’ proposal, Fehr says they’re not close to countering it.
“When we get to the point where we’re going to formally respond to the proposal they made — by description, by counterproposal, or by separate proposal of our own — everybody will know,” Fehr said. “We’re not there yet.”
Commissioner Gary Bettman also came away upbeat about the proceedings saying there’s been “good dialogue” this week but says there’s a lot more talking to be done. On the positive side of things, the talk is neutral with neither side coming away with any hurt feelings. Then again, we’re still early in the process.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)