Jul 20, 2012, 3:26 PM EDT
It was yet another day in New York City for members of the NHLPA to conduct labor negotiations with the NHL and once again there’s not much to report.
Jesse Spector of The Sporting News got the update from Donald Fehr in which he said there was “no news today.” Fehr tells Spector they did some technical work and had a “frank exchange.”
Katie Strang from ESPN New York reports that while the discussions have been good about the owners’ proposal, Fehr says they’re not close to countering it.
“When we get to the point where we’re going to formally respond to the proposal they made — by description, by counterproposal, or by separate proposal of our own — everybody will know,” Fehr said. “We’re not there yet.”
Commissioner Gary Bettman also came away upbeat about the proceedings saying there’s been “good dialogue” this week but says there’s a lot more talking to be done. On the positive side of things, the talk is neutral with neither side coming away with any hurt feelings. Then again, we’re still early in the process.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)