Jul 20, 2012, 4:04 PM EDT
A handful of minor moves went down this afternoon. Here’s our roundup of what went down.
Rangers trade Casey Wellman to Florida
The Rangers added another late-round draft pick by dealing Casey Wellman to Florida for a 2014 fifth-round pick. Wellman was picked up by New York last season from the Minnesota Wild and saw just 14 games of NHL action with the Wild. He spent the remainder of the season with the Connecticut Whale in the AHL after being acquired on February 3. Expect Wellman to get a shot to crack the Panthers roster in camp.
Hurricanes re-sign Samson
Carolina re-upped with occasional NHL forward Jerome Samson on a one-year, two-way deal. Should Samson stick in the NHL, the contract will pay him $600,000 for the year. In just 16 games with Carolina last season, he scored two goals and had three assists. While he hasn’t made his mark in the NHL, he’s been a consistent scorer in the AHL notching 20 or more goals in five straight seasons.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)