Jul 20, 2012, 4:04 PM EDT
A handful of minor moves went down this afternoon. Here’s our roundup of what went down.
Rangers trade Casey Wellman to Florida
The Rangers added another late-round draft pick by dealing Casey Wellman to Florida for a 2014 fifth-round pick. Wellman was picked up by New York last season from the Minnesota Wild and saw just 14 games of NHL action with the Wild. He spent the remainder of the season with the Connecticut Whale in the AHL after being acquired on February 3. Expect Wellman to get a shot to crack the Panthers roster in camp.
Hurricanes re-sign Samson
Carolina re-upped with occasional NHL forward Jerome Samson on a one-year, two-way deal. Should Samson stick in the NHL, the contract will pay him $600,000 for the year. In just 16 games with Carolina last season, he scored two goals and had three assists. While he hasn’t made his mark in the NHL, he’s been a consistent scorer in the AHL notching 20 or more goals in five straight seasons.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)