Jul 20, 2012, 4:04 PM EDT
A handful of minor moves went down this afternoon. Here’s our roundup of what went down.
Rangers trade Casey Wellman to Florida
The Rangers added another late-round draft pick by dealing Casey Wellman to Florida for a 2014 fifth-round pick. Wellman was picked up by New York last season from the Minnesota Wild and saw just 14 games of NHL action with the Wild. He spent the remainder of the season with the Connecticut Whale in the AHL after being acquired on February 3. Expect Wellman to get a shot to crack the Panthers roster in camp.
Hurricanes re-sign Samson
Carolina re-upped with occasional NHL forward Jerome Samson on a one-year, two-way deal. Should Samson stick in the NHL, the contract will pay him $600,000 for the year. In just 16 games with Carolina last season, he scored two goals and had three assists. While he hasn’t made his mark in the NHL, he’s been a consistent scorer in the AHL notching 20 or more goals in five straight seasons.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)