Jul 20, 2012, 9:42 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes already admitted that they’re interested in signing Alexander Semin “on a short-term basis.” Two weeks passed since that news surfaced, yet Chip Alexander reports that Canes GM Jim Rutherford continues to search for a top-six forward and specifically hopes to add Semin via a one-year deal.
(Alexander also passes along word that the Hurricanes want to add a “tough guy” for their fourth line.)
Eric Staal recently said that Carolina could be “one elite forward” away from being a top team in the East. Semin has plenty of detractors, yet he also has three 34+ goal seasons – and almost 200 career goals – to his name. After adding Eric’s brother Jordan Staal, Semin could add a very different element to the mix (including a dangerous right-handed shot).
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9