Jul 20, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Patrick Kane‘s offseason hasn’t exactly been one filled with highlights. After all, getting busted partying in Madison, Wisconsin and allegedly causing a drunken disturbance with some of the coeds there doesn’t do much to make the Blackhawks feel good about letting him loose in the wild.
With the team’s convention going on in Chicago, Kane spoke with reporters and was refreshingly honest about his travails this summer. Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com hears it from Kane who says he doesn’t believe he has a drinking problem and feels embarrassed about the party photos that made him Internet famous for all the wrong reasons.
“I have to make those things stop happening. We all saw the photos — pretty embarrassing,” Kane said.
Maybe Kane is learning from all this stuff going on involving him. From the stuff in Wisconsin to the taxi cab incident a couple summers ago, there’s enough there that Chicago is worried about him. That said, actions speak louder than words and while it’s all fun and games seeing a 23 year-old star behaving just how many of us would if we were millionaires at that age, he’s got a responsibility to his team and to himself to worry about as well.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6