Jul 20, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Patrick Kane‘s offseason hasn’t exactly been one filled with highlights. After all, getting busted partying in Madison, Wisconsin and allegedly causing a drunken disturbance with some of the coeds there doesn’t do much to make the Blackhawks feel good about letting him loose in the wild.
With the team’s convention going on in Chicago, Kane spoke with reporters and was refreshingly honest about his travails this summer. Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com hears it from Kane who says he doesn’t believe he has a drinking problem and feels embarrassed about the party photos that made him Internet famous for all the wrong reasons.
“I have to make those things stop happening. We all saw the photos — pretty embarrassing,” Kane said.
Maybe Kane is learning from all this stuff going on involving him. From the stuff in Wisconsin to the taxi cab incident a couple summers ago, there’s enough there that Chicago is worried about him. That said, actions speak louder than words and while it’s all fun and games seeing a 23 year-old star behaving just how many of us would if we were millionaires at that age, he’s got a responsibility to his team and to himself to worry about as well.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 0
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17