Jul 20, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Patrick Kane‘s offseason hasn’t exactly been one filled with highlights. After all, getting busted partying in Madison, Wisconsin and allegedly causing a drunken disturbance with some of the coeds there doesn’t do much to make the Blackhawks feel good about letting him loose in the wild.
With the team’s convention going on in Chicago, Kane spoke with reporters and was refreshingly honest about his travails this summer. Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com hears it from Kane who says he doesn’t believe he has a drinking problem and feels embarrassed about the party photos that made him Internet famous for all the wrong reasons.
“I have to make those things stop happening. We all saw the photos — pretty embarrassing,” Kane said.
Maybe Kane is learning from all this stuff going on involving him. From the stuff in Wisconsin to the taxi cab incident a couple summers ago, there’s enough there that Chicago is worried about him. That said, actions speak louder than words and while it’s all fun and games seeing a 23 year-old star behaving just how many of us would if we were millionaires at that age, he’s got a responsibility to his team and to himself to worry about as well.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)