Jul 20, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Patrick Kane‘s offseason hasn’t exactly been one filled with highlights. After all, getting busted partying in Madison, Wisconsin and allegedly causing a drunken disturbance with some of the coeds there doesn’t do much to make the Blackhawks feel good about letting him loose in the wild.
With the team’s convention going on in Chicago, Kane spoke with reporters and was refreshingly honest about his travails this summer. Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com hears it from Kane who says he doesn’t believe he has a drinking problem and feels embarrassed about the party photos that made him Internet famous for all the wrong reasons.
“I have to make those things stop happening. We all saw the photos — pretty embarrassing,” Kane said.
Maybe Kane is learning from all this stuff going on involving him. From the stuff in Wisconsin to the taxi cab incident a couple summers ago, there’s enough there that Chicago is worried about him. That said, actions speak louder than words and while it’s all fun and games seeing a 23 year-old star behaving just how many of us would if we were millionaires at that age, he’s got a responsibility to his team and to himself to worry about as well.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 0
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 7
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)