Jul 20, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
During the Chicago Blackhawks convention, Patrick Kane admitted embarrassment regarding off-ice incidents but denied talk of a drinking problem. Kane still apologized for his actions, yet he told Brian Hedger that occasional trade rumors do bother him.
“You hear a lot of rumors and there’s obviously concern when you hear rumors. I’d be lying to you if I said I wasn’t,” Kane said.
“I’m sure he’s been through the lecture process about how he could pick his spots a little better and be a little smarter,” Sharp said. “It doesn’t take away from the fact he’s a great kid and comes from a great family. I’m going to support him no matter.”
“It’s almost like it’s the thing to do now is to see him out, take pictures and follow him around with a video camera,” Keith said.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 74
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)