Jul 20, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
During the Chicago Blackhawks convention, Patrick Kane admitted embarrassment regarding off-ice incidents but denied talk of a drinking problem. Kane still apologized for his actions, yet he told Brian Hedger that occasional trade rumors do bother him.
“You hear a lot of rumors and there’s obviously concern when you hear rumors. I’d be lying to you if I said I wasn’t,” Kane said.
“I’m sure he’s been through the lecture process about how he could pick his spots a little better and be a little smarter,” Sharp said. “It doesn’t take away from the fact he’s a great kid and comes from a great family. I’m going to support him no matter.”
“It’s almost like it’s the thing to do now is to see him out, take pictures and follow him around with a video camera,” Keith said.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5