Jul 20, 2012, 10:45 PM EST
During the Chicago Blackhawks convention, Patrick Kane admitted embarrassment regarding off-ice incidents but denied talk of a drinking problem. Kane still apologized for his actions, yet he told Brian Hedger that occasional trade rumors do bother him.
“You hear a lot of rumors and there’s obviously concern when you hear rumors. I’d be lying to you if I said I wasn’t,” Kane said.
“I’m sure he’s been through the lecture process about how he could pick his spots a little better and be a little smarter,” Sharp said. “It doesn’t take away from the fact he’s a great kid and comes from a great family. I’m going to support him no matter.”
“It’s almost like it’s the thing to do now is to see him out, take pictures and follow him around with a video camera,” Keith said.
- Report: Connolly suffers broken finger in Bruins practice 1
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 9
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)