Jul 20, 2012, 7:34 PM EDT
Tracy Myers reports that Marian Hossa generated a “deafening ovation” during the Chicago Blackhawks’ convention and his latest update provides fans with another reason to cheer. ESPN Chicago’s Jesse Rogers passes along word that Hossa thinks he’ll be ready for training camp after suffering a concussion from a Raffi Torres hit during the 2012 playoffs.
“It could be different on the ice when I get my first hit but so far, without contact, I’m doing everything at a high level,” Hossa said. “Things are right now are on the level where I want it to be and I’m happy where I am so far … The way I feel right now I believe I’ll be ready for camp.”
Hossa elaborated to Myers that he’s been training for about a month, although he hasn’t done any on-ice work yet.
Torres’ suspension gets reduced by four games.
Are ultra long-term contracts a blessing or a curse?
NHLPA wasn’t happy about how Torres’ suspension was handled.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)