Jul 20, 2012, 7:34 PM EST
Tracy Myers reports that Marian Hossa generated a “deafening ovation” during the Chicago Blackhawks’ convention and his latest update provides fans with another reason to cheer. ESPN Chicago’s Jesse Rogers passes along word that Hossa thinks he’ll be ready for training camp after suffering a concussion from a Raffi Torres hit during the 2012 playoffs.
“It could be different on the ice when I get my first hit but so far, without contact, I’m doing everything at a high level,” Hossa said. “Things are right now are on the level where I want it to be and I’m happy where I am so far … The way I feel right now I believe I’ll be ready for camp.”
Hossa elaborated to Myers that he’s been training for about a month, although he hasn’t done any on-ice work yet.
Torres’ suspension gets reduced by four games.
Are ultra long-term contracts a blessing or a curse?
NHLPA wasn’t happy about how Torres’ suspension was handled.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)