Jul 20, 2012, 7:34 PM EST
Tracy Myers reports that Marian Hossa generated a “deafening ovation” during the Chicago Blackhawks’ convention and his latest update provides fans with another reason to cheer. ESPN Chicago’s Jesse Rogers passes along word that Hossa thinks he’ll be ready for training camp after suffering a concussion from a Raffi Torres hit during the 2012 playoffs.
“It could be different on the ice when I get my first hit but so far, without contact, I’m doing everything at a high level,” Hossa said. “Things are right now are on the level where I want it to be and I’m happy where I am so far … The way I feel right now I believe I’ll be ready for camp.”
Hossa elaborated to Myers that he’s been training for about a month, although he hasn’t done any on-ice work yet.
Torres’ suspension gets reduced by four games.
Are ultra long-term contracts a blessing or a curse?
NHLPA wasn’t happy about how Torres’ suspension was handled.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 36
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)