Jul 20, 2012, 7:34 PM EDT
Tracy Myers reports that Marian Hossa generated a “deafening ovation” during the Chicago Blackhawks’ convention and his latest update provides fans with another reason to cheer. ESPN Chicago’s Jesse Rogers passes along word that Hossa thinks he’ll be ready for training camp after suffering a concussion from a Raffi Torres hit during the 2012 playoffs.
“It could be different on the ice when I get my first hit but so far, without contact, I’m doing everything at a high level,” Hossa said. “Things are right now are on the level where I want it to be and I’m happy where I am so far … The way I feel right now I believe I’ll be ready for camp.”
Hossa elaborated to Myers that he’s been training for about a month, although he hasn’t done any on-ice work yet.
Torres’ suspension gets reduced by four games.
Are ultra long-term contracts a blessing or a curse?
NHLPA wasn’t happy about how Torres’ suspension was handled.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 9
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 21
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 12
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)