Jul 20, 2012, 7:34 PM EDT
Tracy Myers reports that Marian Hossa generated a “deafening ovation” during the Chicago Blackhawks’ convention and his latest update provides fans with another reason to cheer. ESPN Chicago’s Jesse Rogers passes along word that Hossa thinks he’ll be ready for training camp after suffering a concussion from a Raffi Torres hit during the 2012 playoffs.
“It could be different on the ice when I get my first hit but so far, without contact, I’m doing everything at a high level,” Hossa said. “Things are right now are on the level where I want it to be and I’m happy where I am so far … The way I feel right now I believe I’ll be ready for camp.”
Hossa elaborated to Myers that he’s been training for about a month, although he hasn’t done any on-ice work yet.
Torres’ suspension gets reduced by four games.
Are ultra long-term contracts a blessing or a curse?
NHLPA wasn’t happy about how Torres’ suspension was handled.
- Wild hand Bryzgalov a training camp tryout 0
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 12
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 5
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)