Jul 20, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
ESPN’s Katie Strang reports that the New Jersey Devils signed defenseman Mark Fayne to a two-year, $2.6 million contract. The Devils avoided salary arbitration with Fayne, which would have happened on August 2.
The 25-year-old blueliner just completed his second NHL season, seeing significant increases in ice time from his rookie campaign. Fayne played in all 82 regular season (17 points) and 24 playoff games (three points) for the Devils in 2011-12.
Re-signing Fayne marks one of the last moves on the Devils’ to-do list this summer. He remains with the team, much like fellow defenseman Bryce Salvador.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)