Jul 20, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
ESPN’s Katie Strang reports that the New Jersey Devils signed defenseman Mark Fayne to a two-year, $2.6 million contract. The Devils avoided salary arbitration with Fayne, which would have happened on August 2.
The 25-year-old blueliner just completed his second NHL season, seeing significant increases in ice time from his rookie campaign. Fayne played in all 82 regular season (17 points) and 24 playoff games (three points) for the Devils in 2011-12.
Re-signing Fayne marks one of the last moves on the Devils’ to-do list this summer. He remains with the team, much like fellow defenseman Bryce Salvador.
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 3
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 28
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 18
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13