Jul 20, 2012, 8:27 PM EST
ESPN’s Katie Strang reports that the New Jersey Devils signed defenseman Mark Fayne to a two-year, $2.6 million contract. The Devils avoided salary arbitration with Fayne, which would have happened on August 2.
The 25-year-old blueliner just completed his second NHL season, seeing significant increases in ice time from his rookie campaign. Fayne played in all 82 regular season (17 points) and 24 playoff games (three points) for the Devils in 2011-12.
Re-signing Fayne marks one of the last moves on the Devils’ to-do list this summer. He remains with the team, much like fellow defenseman Bryce Salvador.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (64)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)