Jul 20, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
ESPN’s Katie Strang reports that the New Jersey Devils signed defenseman Mark Fayne to a two-year, $2.6 million contract. The Devils avoided salary arbitration with Fayne, which would have happened on August 2.
The 25-year-old blueliner just completed his second NHL season, seeing significant increases in ice time from his rookie campaign. Fayne played in all 82 regular season (17 points) and 24 playoff games (three points) for the Devils in 2011-12.
Re-signing Fayne marks one of the last moves on the Devils’ to-do list this summer. He remains with the team, much like fellow defenseman Bryce Salvador.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63