Jul 20, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
ESPN’s Katie Strang reports that the New Jersey Devils signed defenseman Mark Fayne to a two-year, $2.6 million contract. The Devils avoided salary arbitration with Fayne, which would have happened on August 2.
The 25-year-old blueliner just completed his second NHL season, seeing significant increases in ice time from his rookie campaign. Fayne played in all 82 regular season (17 points) and 24 playoff games (three points) for the Devils in 2011-12.
Re-signing Fayne marks one of the last moves on the Devils’ to-do list this summer. He remains with the team, much like fellow defenseman Bryce Salvador.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18