Jul 19, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
Kevin Epp, the player agent representing Nashville defenseman Shea Weber, spoke with the Philadelphia media on Thursday after his client signed a 14-year, $110 million offer sheet with the Flyers.
His comments might not sit too well with the Predator faithful.
Sam Carchidi of Philly.com reports Epp said Philadelphia is “a destination place” and that he and Weber “felt it was the right fit.”
Weber does have some ties to the organization. Former Predators teammates Scott Hartnell and Kimmo Timonen have been in Philly since 2007; Weber also played with Braydon Coburn on Team Canada at the 2005 World Juniors. (Weber also roomed with Luke Schenn in WHL Kelowna.)
Even though Nashville has seven days to match the offer sheet, Epp sounded as though he and his client were ready to move on from the Predators.
“When Ryan [Suter] left, I think things changed,” Epp told CSN Philly. “It wasn’t the same team that finished the season.”
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (65)