Jul 19, 2012, 2:52 PM EST
Kevin Epp, the player agent representing Nashville defenseman Shea Weber, spoke with the Philadelphia media on Thursday after his client signed a 14-year, $110 million offer sheet with the Flyers.
His comments might not sit too well with the Predator faithful.
Sam Carchidi of Philly.com reports Epp said Philadelphia is “a destination place” and that he and Weber “felt it was the right fit.”
Weber does have some ties to the organization. Former Predators teammates Scott Hartnell and Kimmo Timonen have been in Philly since 2007; Weber also played with Braydon Coburn on Team Canada at the 2005 World Juniors. (Weber also roomed with Luke Schenn in WHL Kelowna.)
Even though Nashville has seven days to match the offer sheet, Epp sounded as though he and his client were ready to move on from the Predators.
“When Ryan [Suter] left, I think things changed,” Epp told CSN Philly. “It wasn’t the same team that finished the season.”
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)