Jul 19, 2012, 10:25 PM EST
Ultra long-term deals are becoming the expectation when you’re talking about a star player nowadays. We recently talked about the logic behind them and the massive risks they involve.
Jeremy Roenick applauds the Philadelphia Flyers for going out and trying to improve their club with their 14-year offer sheet on Shea Weber, but he also sees the risk in the contract length. Check out the video below to see Roenick’s thoughts on the new deal and the CBA negotiations:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
More on Weber:
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 7
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 8
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4