Jul 19, 2012, 10:25 PM EDT
Ultra long-term deals are becoming the expectation when you’re talking about a star player nowadays. We recently talked about the logic behind them and the massive risks they involve.
Jeremy Roenick applauds the Philadelphia Flyers for going out and trying to improve their club with their 14-year offer sheet on Shea Weber, but he also sees the risk in the contract length. Check out the video below to see Roenick’s thoughts on the new deal and the CBA negotiations:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
More on Weber:
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35